Elitebook 8560p and Windows 8.1 fingerprint login. (453 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (453 Views)

Elitebook 8560p and Windows 8.1 fingerprint login.

I have a 2.5 year old Elitebook 8560p that I have upgraded to Windows 8.1.   All devices are recognized by the OS including the Biometric Validity Sensor.  However when I go to PC Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options, the option to configure fingerprint login is not shown.  

I have been to gpedit.msc and enabled the biometric options.

The annoying thing is I just installed 8.1 on a 6 year old Compaq 8710p laptop and everything works perfectly.

All and any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated

WD

HP Pro
Message 2 of 2 (72 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8560p and Windows 8.1 fingerprint login.

Lets try the Following steps

First uninstall all the Software releated to HP Client Security or if you have installed HP Protect Tools.

Unistall the Biometric Driver as well and then Restart the unit and install the HP protect Tools Security Manager from the below link  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_116000_1

Then install the Validity Fingerprint Sensor sp59624.exe if it does not get installed then install the driver in Compatibility Mode enabled for windows 7 and then try to register the finger print and check if its works

HP Employee
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.