Re: AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered ? (241 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Mehedi
Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered ?

[ Edited ]

My model no is  g6-2301ax with a pre installed windows 8.Suddenly it goes to freeze/screen goes to blue/black colour for a few seconds or sometime even for minutes.I have contacted hp customer care,they told me to update the bios as well as the graphics driver and i did that.but till now  i am facing the same problem.what is cause of this problem and how can solve it ?

HP Pro
qpwo1029
Message 2 of 3 (273 Views)

Re: AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered ?

HI,

1. What's your bios version? Are you using the latest version sp60936?

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60936.exe

2. Have you installed the latest AMD graphics driver?

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59936.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for HP.
Please click the white "Kudos" star to say thanks.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if you think my response helpful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advisor
newbiee
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered ?

LOL QP No the AMD driver not working in windows 8.1 And enough of that beginners IT talk lmao its best to use windows 7 if yours came with your laptop or just disable it for now its DUMB BUGGY I h8 it AMD hasn't update the driver prior to release sucks as well!!! NOW your sleep will disappear!!!! dont be alarmed goto power and change what the power buttons do an change options currently not available and ENABLE HIBERNATION!!!! this mode is literaly turning off your computer with out turning it off AND THE START TIME IS AWESOME COMPARING WINDOWS 7 START UP from hibernation!!! its about 20 secs or less FAST RIGHT!!!???

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.