xw8200 WIndows 7 Compatibility (2958 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gr82b4au
Message 1 of 3 (2,958 Views)

xw8200 WIndows 7 Compatibility

Sorry if this has been answered.  I came by an XW 8200 and I wanted to upgrade it to Windows 7, but I'm having a bunch of driver issues.  Is this workstation compatible with Windows 7, or should I just leave it running XP?

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (2,951 Views)

Re: xw8200 WIndows 7 Compatibility

Hi:

According to the quickspecs on your model, it should have no problem running W7.

You will need to know what video card your specific machine has (ATI or Nvidia). There were a few optional cards.

What driver issues are you experiencing?

Can you connect to the internet?  If so, do a Windows update and let WU install the whatever drivers it finds are missing.

If you cannot connect to the internet yet, or you are still missing drivers after the windows update,

download the Windows Vista Business drivers for whatever version of W7 (32 or 64 bit) you are using:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=424561&lang=en&cc=us&...

Paul

Occasional Visitor
xw8200User
Message 3 of 3 (2,661 Views)

Re: xw8200 WIndows 7 Compatibility

Hi,

I am a new member on this site and not sure if this has been addressed.  I am attempting to upgrade my xw8200 workstation to the 64-bit Win 7 Ultimate package.  I was previously running XP 32-bit.  Windows 7 is successfully installed however the system is Choppy and often pauses (mini freezes), before continuing its business.  

I have tried updating the video driver to the latest NVIDIA FX driver and Installing the latest Intel Chipset, however the problem persists. I also checked to see if the "driver verifier" was turn on, but it was not (I realize that this could slow down the system). I realize that this workstation did not officially support Windows 7, but it is obvious from its specs that it should be able to run the OS with ease.

Windows says there are no issues with any of the drivers (under device manager). 

Please Help!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.