nc8430 bluetooth audio problem (933 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Korisnik Nepoznat
Message 1 of 6 (933 Views)

nc8430 bluetooth audio problem

Hi,
I run nc8430 on Win7, I have SonyE's mbr-100 and mbs-100 ( bluetooth audio receiver and portable speaker) they both worked fine on XP but on win7 they dont. I managed to connected them after a while and select them to reproduce the sound but the sound comes out only for a second and then mutes. This is really frustrating because nothing works I even tried Bluesoleil but same thing. I tried a bunch of drivers but same old same old.
Also I tried XP virtual machine but it cant recognize my bluetooth device.
please help
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (933 Views)

Re: nc8430 bluetooth audio problem

Hi:

First of all did you install the HP Bluetooth software for your nc8430?

If not, I recommend you install the Windows Vista Business 32 or 64 bit software (depending on if you are running W7 32 or 64 bit).

The main driver page is here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1839197〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=1839150&taskId=135

If you have already done that or installing the HP Bluetooth software didn't fix the problem, then I recommend you run the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor (even though you already have W7 installed), and have all your devices connected/running to your laptop (including the non-functioning Sony bluetooth receiver/speakers).

The Windows Upgrade advisor will give you a report on most of your programs and all of your devices as to whether or not they are compatible with W7.

The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor may give you information as to whether or not that Sony product is compatible with Windows 7 and if not, it may advise you what you need to do like visit the manufacturer's website for updated device drivers.

The link to the W7 Upgrade Advisor is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Paul
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Korisnik Nepoznat
Message 3 of 6 (933 Views)

I've tried this driver before, it's worse than the second one I tried (sp4474).
with sp38167 I can't even 'control' the device (when in my devices, right click, dont have 'control' option)
I've tried win7 update advisor, everything states compatible.
:(
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Korisnik Nepoznat
Message 4 of 6 (933 Views)

sorry, both sp4474 and sp38167 have same problem ( no control option in 'my devices')
I've found somewheree BTW_6.2.0.9700 driver, and that one has 'control' option but still same no audio problem
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 5 of 6 (933 Views)

Have you tried the Sony website for Windows 7 drivers?

http://support.sony-europe.com/hub/hub.html

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Korisnik Nepoznat
Message 6 of 6 (933 Views)

I cant find drivers anywhere neither Sony nor SE website.
But problem definitely lies somewhere within HP bluetooth drivers, because both of these devices work on my girlfriends laptop (toshiba win7).
If I buy some cheap bt dongle would that solve this problem?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation