Win7 PCL Driver for Color Laserjet 5? (919 Views)
Visitor
joanne83
Message 1 of 3 (919 Views)

Win7 PCL Driver for Color Laserjet 5?

Win7 only includes a PS driver for the Color Laserjet 5, which doesn't work with the PCL only version of the printer.  I've tried all the color PCL drivers from the M$ website, including the universal, but none work.  I've found that the Laserjet Series II driver works but only enables B&W printing.  Is there any driver that will enable color on my printer?

HP Pro
printingdots
Message 2 of 3 (901 Views)

Re: Win7 PCL Driver for Color Laserjet 5?

Have you tried Color LaserJet 4500 or 4550?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Visitor
joanne83
Message 3 of 3 (895 Views)

Re: Win7 PCL Driver for Color Laserjet 5?

I have tried all of the Color Laserjet drivers that are not PS and not PCL6, plus the universal driver.  I even tried a few PCL 6 drivers but get an error, as would be expected.  I've tried both the internal Win 7 drivers and the ones on the Microsoft site.  I was lucky to find one that ensabled B&W, but really would like my color back.  Seems strange to only include a PS driver for this printer, the PS SIMM was sooo much more when it came out that you would think that there are more PCL only Color Laserjet 5s than PS ones.  Mine should be the simplest case since I connect directly to the printer, it's not networked.  My computer is new, so I have not upgraded from another OS.  My previous computer had XP on it and there were no problems printing.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.