VGA and Sound Drivers For hp dc7100 for Windows 7 (88601 Views)
Occasional Visitor
SAEED M
Message 1 of 8 (88,601 Views)

VGA and Sound Drivers For hp dc7100 for Windows 7

Kindly send me the link of the site from where i Download the VGA and Sound Drivers For hp dc7100 for Windows 7...

Please i am waiting for your kind cooporation.
Reply as solving my problem on priority basis.

Reply soon.

Regards
SAEED
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 8 (87,351 Views)

Re: VGA and Sound Drivers For hp dc7100 for Windows 7

Hi:

The sound drivers should be automatically downloaded to your machine once you connect to the internet via Windows Update, or you can try the sound driver for Windows Vista here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

You can try and use the Windows XP Pro drivers for your video to get the video acceleration feature of Windows 7 to work. The Aero effects will not work.

Unfortunately the dc7100 onboard graphics adapter (GMA900) is not compatible with Windows 7 and there are no drivers for it, and none are planned.

You may want to invest in a used, low cost PCI express graphics adapter (minimum RAM of 128 MB) for your dc7100 that is Windows 7 compatible. Cheapest used ones are GeForce 6200 or ATI Radeon 9600.

Paul
Advisor
fatal.lordes
Message 3 of 8 (87,351 Views)

Paul, just some quetions as I'm trying to setup Win7 MC with an LCD TV. Obviously Win7 works with the video card not finding the drivers, but just in basic resolution. Not a problem. Also get the pop up when going into WMC warning about video, but naturally the TV wont do anything as it says the video is wrong. Tried the vista and xp drivers and it doesn't like any of them.

Is there a way to allocate more memory to the video card without it having the drivers as I wondered if that might help it play tv without the drivers? I can't find where/how to do this. Is it just the BIOS 1mb/8mb setting?

Or is it a matter of just giving up with it now and buying a card that is Win7 compatiable?

Thanks.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 8 (87,351 Views)

Hi:

There is nothing you can do to allocate more system RAM to the video card. I couldn't find any Vista drivers for the GMA 900 graphics adapter. I only was able to find them for the mobile version (nc6220 laptop).

The nc6220 ran all the features of W7 except aero. You could set any resolution supported by the card.

My recommendation is to save yourself the frustration and buy a low cost desktop graphics card. They take a pci express x16 card. You can get an ATI model going back to a 128 MB Radeon 9600. Nvidia cards can run W7 back to the 128 MB GeForce 6200. I prefer the fanless models Less noise. I don't do gaming so my cards don't get that hot. Also my PC's are all CMT's so there is room for air circulation. If you have a dc7100 CMT, you have a 340 Watt P/S. If you have the SFF, you have a 240 Watt P/S. Buy a card that won't draw too much power. If you get a low end card, most recommend a 250 - 300 W P/S.

I have fanless ATI 9600's, 6200's and I just got a fanless 8400GS card. All run W7 just fine including aero. You don't even need the driver disks. Alll the drivers are native in W7.

Hope this helps,

Paul
Advisor
fatal.lordes
Message 5 of 8 (87,351 Views)

Thanks heaps for the advice, Paul. I think I'll do as you recommended and get something fanless and suitable for a SFF. Cheers!
Occasional Visitor
sajidmahadkar
Message 6 of 8 (59,586 Views)

Hi Saeed,

Kindly download the Sound driver for Vista base from HP site & install on win 7. i have done & checked its working well. same as for VGA.

Occasional Visitor
tarun191
Message 7 of 8 (57,071 Views)

Hi

you can go directly to hp.com

select country.

select supports and drivers

give ur product number or serial number

it will show you which and drivers for your laptop

you can download and install easily.

Occasional Visitor
sshmejaz
Message 8 of 8 (35,274 Views)

Kindly send me the link of the site from where i Download the VGA and Sound Drivers For hp dc7100 for Windows 7...

Please i am waiting for your kind cooporation.
Reply as solving my problem on priority basis.

Reply soon.

Mian  Ejaz

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.