PCI Simple Communications Controller (31464 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (31,464 Views)

PCI Simple Communications Controller

I've recently installed Windows 7 RC on a HP dc5800 and can't find the driver for the PCI Simple Communications Controller.
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29D4&SUBSYS_281E103C&REV_02
Does anyone allready had this problem? Hope you can help me find the right driver.
Thanks in advance
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 7 (31,058 Views)

Re: PCI Simple Communications Controller

Luuk,

That is for the Intel Management Engine Interface or more specifically the Intel Active Client Manager HECI Device.

From - http://www.openamt.org/

"The Intel Management Engine Interface (Also known as HECI) driver is a software interface that is used to communicate with the Intel® AMT subsystem (Management Engine) in the Management Engine (ME) to access Intel® AMT capabilities in the firmware. In other words, communication between the local host operating system (OS) and the Management Engine (ME) is accomplished by means of the Intel Management Engine Interface driver. The Intel Management Engine Interface is bi-directional, as either the host OS or the Management Engine (ME) can initiate transactions."

If you run SP38609 available here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

When you extract it the setup runs and fails saying "Wrong OS". Disregard and open Device Manager, Double click the PCI Simple Communication, and on Driver tab click "Update Driver. Select "From location" and then point it at C:\SWSetup\SP38609 directory. It installs and everything is happy.

Greg
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (31,058 Views)

My hero! ;-)
Occasional Advisor
Message 4 of 7 (31,058 Views)

Similar process worked on the 2710p. Just left with the PCI Serial Port without a device driver
Message 5 of 7 (12,515 Views)

Thanks Greg! I had a similar issue with our HP RP7 7800

Mine got solved from SP58471

Pijush

Occasional Advisor
Message 6 of 7 (9,675 Views)

I had exactly the same issue.

My "hp dc5800" showed a unknown device "PCI Simple Communications Controller" (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29D4).

I downloaded the latest driver(sp46137.exe)

- Intel Active Client Manager HECI Device Driver

- 3.2.20.1046 REV. A (14 Dec 2009)

from here and that solved the issue. Thanks for posting the older driver URL here.

Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 7 (2,508 Views)

This Topic is dated, however it's a working solution for the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (formerly Windows 10 Technical Preview). 

Thanks to the ones who made this solution an easy fix. PC is a HP dc5800 SFF, have had it just two days, seems to be a good computer, especially for $80. Specs as follows.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ZUClbKpDWUjMBmxLHbokOT4

Am a Advisor at Bleeping Computer, so I have to have more than one computer to assist others. Maybe this one will make me a believer in the brand again, the MB went in the Pavilion MS214 that I had, purchased new in late 2009. Didn't last 4 years, so was a poor ROI at $650. 

At any rate, glad to have a quick fix, had me scratching my head a bit. 

Cat

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.