HP color laser jet 1500L Drivers for windows 7 ultimate(32 bit) (34354 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Asif Memon
Message 1 of 13 (34,354 Views)

HP color laser jet 1500L Drivers for windows 7 ultimate(32 bit)

Need any drivers to get my Hp color laserjet 1500L work under windows 7 ultimate (32 bit)...
Thanks..
Note:- dont have original CD... tired with drivers for XP from HP site...doesnt work...
p;ease help
Occasional Visitor
Mymlanbus
Message 2 of 13 (33,926 Views)

Re: HP color laser jet 1500L Drivers for windows 7 ultimate(32 bit)

I have the same problem.... anyone?

F C
Occasional Visitor
F C
Message 3 of 13 (33,781 Views)

I found these instructions on a Vista thread asking the same thing.

I got my 1500L working on Win7 Ult  via usb (1st) and on network via my routers print server (2nd).

The trick was installing on LPT1 first (even though you're not connecting via LPT1) then plugging in your printer.  Win7 then finds it and you use  'existing driver (recommended)'. (Then same steps when connecting to your print server).

Note I have the original install disc so don't know if it works with downloaded drivers. I can't see why not though. Make sure you download the XP driver from HP.

-------------------------------------

BEFORE PLUGGING IN PRINTER!

Start the "Install" from the CD... It will go to about 90%, then will just hang go no further!!!

Press Cntrl+Alt+Del and stop the install!

Then: Devices and Printers, Add a printer, Choose Printer, Add Local Printer, Use existing port: LPT1: (printer port), Have disc, go to disc drive eg d:\, choose HP1500 CLJ, Install...

Side note: Win 7 will not let you manually install a USB device, but it will let you manually install an LPT Printer.  What I ended up doing was manually installing the 1500L to LPT1, (which obviously doesn't work, due to there being no printer connected to the parallel port, but DO it anyway!).

Choose SHARE the Printer!

When finished. It will have made an HP ColorLaserjet in your list of printers...

Now, plug in the printer into the USB port and Win7 finds it as a new printer. choose 'existing driver (recommended)' when asked and go through the install process as normal. Then delete the lpt1 printer as it's not needed.

----------------------------------------

Good Luck!

Occasional Visitor
apfiii
Message 4 of 13 (32,288 Views)

Hi I am a fully certified HP tech. And yes there is no driver for Windows7 for this printer HP Color 2500 and 1500 series. The person above has the correct fix and it works. I tried it on my own computer and it works perfectly. Here they are if you missed them. Thank You F C

BEFORE PLUGGING IN PRINTER!

Start the "Install" from the CD... It will go to about 90%, then will just hang go no further!!! If you don't have the CD just download the driver, Make sure it's the XP driver.

Press Cntrl+Alt+Del and stop the install!

Then: Devices and Printers, Add a printer, Choose Printer, Add Local Printer, Use existing port: LPT1: (printer port), Have disc, go to disc drive eg d:\, choose HP1500 CLJ, Install...

Side note: Win 7 will not let you manually install a USB device, but it will let you manually install an LPT Printer.  What I ended up doing was manually installing the 1500L to LPT1, (which obviously doesn't work, due to there being no printer connected to the parallel port, but DO it anyway!).

Choose SHARE the Printer!

When finished. It will have made an HP ColorLaserjet in your list of printers...

Now, plug in the printer into the USB port and Win7 finds it as a new printer. choose 'existing driver (recommended)' when asked and go through the install process as normal. Then delete the lpt1 printer as it's not needed.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 5 of 13 (32,280 Views)

The pcl and ps drivers for the color laserjet 2500 are built into the windows 7 operating system.  If they do not show up when you first try and use the add printer, local, printer, lpt1 and then choose hp on the left, then just click on the windows update button and when the screen repopulates the clj2500 will be on the right.  I just did it on my windows 7 machine.

Occasional Visitor
BitBug
Message 6 of 13 (31,298 Views)

Does this only work for 32 bit system?  Am trying on 64 bit.  No luck so far.  May be missing something?

Thx in advance for any help!

Occasional Visitor
Fear
Message 7 of 13 (31,200 Views)

Hey Guys,

OK so the work around that is described above did not work for me. This printer is using a HP jet Direct for the network capability. Even though I pluged the Printer into the machine VIA usb. The driver detection failed.

I have this printer installed on a Server, and so I just installed the printer as a network printer.

Hope some of you find this also as another workable solution.(it is quick and easy)...

Occasional Visitor
Skyrunner
Message 8 of 13 (31,176 Views)

Thank you for the insight into getting the HP colour laserjet 1500L to work on Windows 7.  I tried and tried with the installation disk but to no avail.  Anyway thanks again.  I now have a superb laser printer which works on Windows 7.

Visitor
mpepin
Message 9 of 13 (20,759 Views)

HP color laser jet 1500L Drivers for windows 7  64bit tu connais?

bsl
Occasional Visitor
bsl
Message 10 of 13 (18,450 Views)

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

It works for all hp color laserjet 1500series with the original driver disc.

thank you

Occasional Visitor
frachecco48
Message 11 of 13 (9,727 Views)

I an looking for HP color laser jet 1500L Drivers for windows 7 ultimate(32 bit).

Occasional Visitor
EricMadelaine
Message 12 of 13 (9,720 Views)

I have not seen any answer for installing the 1500 drivers on Windows7 64 bits.

Did anybodu succeed ???

Occasional Visitor
xuartema
Message 13 of 13 (2,722 Views)

If you need the Toolbox to check the toner level of your printer (as the install software for the HP Color LaserJet 1500 was done for XP and prior versions only), you still can have it on 7 if you do like this:

First, install the software normally. You will notice it will stop/freeze at about 90% of the job. It's not a problem, Press Cntrl+Alt+Del: Start Task Manager go to the applications tab and stop the installation.

Then you take the CD out, go into the newly created folder c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard and there you MAKE A COPY (very important because they will disappear after reboot) of the sub-folders CLJ1500 and (it's optional) Animations (not very useful but it will disappear either). To make a copy of these two folders, you click on them and do a CTRL-C (or right-click COPY) THEN you click on a blank space and do a CTRL-V (or right-click PASTE). A new folder will appear called either "copy of CLJ1500" or "CLJ1500 - copy". Same for the folder "Animations".

Then you reboot the machine, go back to the Hewlett-Packard subfolder and there you will notice that the two aforementioned subfolders have indeed disappeared. No problem, you RENAME "copy of CLJ1500" CLJ1500, same for "copy of Animations". This is because the install software stopped at about 90%: Win7 believes the installation has been cancelled and erase these folders (or something like that anyway).

Then you go into CLJ1500, go into the subfolder called TOOLBOX, right-click on the internet-shortcut "toolbox" and choose "Send to Deskop - Create shortcut". Then you go back onto your desktop, right-click on the newly-created icon, click on "Properties", "Change icon" and there you go back into Program Files\Hewlet-Packard\CLJ1500\Toolbox to choose the proper icon for that.

Important: to have it functioning, you first need to start your printer, second, you need to launch HPPOUMUI.EXE that finds itself into the "Toolbox" subfolder. Right-click on it to create an new icon on your desktop. And third, NOW you can click on "toolbox" icon to check the toner level (but not before having launched HPPOUMUI.EXE after having started your HP Color LaserJet 1500 printer first). Voilà.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.