01-08-2010 03:41 PM
01-09-2010 06:53 AM
I own too a HP Deskjet 1280 printer and in the HP Support & Downloads it says to use the Windows Update to get the driver for the printer but that information is wrong as Windows Update can't find the driver.
HP doesn't give a shit for it's users.
The solution is to add the driver for the HP Deskjet 1220C as LPT1 and after that change the port for USB. And that will make the printer work!
01-13-2010 08:38 PM
I tried to look for the driver of the hp deskjet 1220c, but HP also says that this model of printer doesnÂ´t have a driver for Windows 7 (64 bit) yet...
Which driver should I download? I mean: for which specific OS?
Could you explain me the steps to do what you're saying, if that isnÂ´t much trouble?
01-14-2010 03:30 AM
You don't need to download any driver. I tested this solution in Windows Vista (x86 and x64) and in Windows 7 (x64) too.
Do the following:
1. Go to Devices and printers on the Start Menu
2. Click in the button Add printer (in the tool bar)
3. Click on Add Local Printer, in the new window.
4. Use the settings: "Use an existing port: LPT1: (Printer Port)". And click on the Next button.
5. Choose the Manufacter: HP and printer: HP Deskjet 1220C. After that click on Next.
6. Now that you have the printer added, go to the Devices and Printers window, that you opened in the 1. and click with the right button in the printer that've added and click on Printer Properties.
7. Go to the Ports tab.
8. Select the port USB001 and click OK.
9. Now you can use the printer!!
Espero que esta dica tenha ajudado a adicionar a impressora.
http://www.superdicas.net - dicas Windows XP/Vista/7
01-14-2010 10:16 AM
P.S. Aproveitei e dei uma vista de olhos ao seu site. Pareceu-me muito Ãºtil e jÃ¡ o adicionei aos favoritos.
04-29-2010 10:56 PM
04-30-2010 01:55 AM
Try to follow the steps that i mention in the video available here:
With this method i was able to use the printer with AutoCad and Adobe PDF Reader with no problems.
05-01-2010 07:36 AM
it seems like asolution that had worked for you but my situation is a bit diffrent
1- my printer in on network.
2-after adding the 1220C there is no USB option in the porths tap.
my 1280 had been working with the all applications and it was on USB allready but AutoCAD was never able to print on it.
i would appriciate any help.
05-01-2010 09:27 AM
Try to install the printer (or any other printer) by plugging the USB cable first. The installation will fail (as we all know it). But the USB port option will now appear always in the list, I think. (At least, that worked for a friend of mine);)