Re: Batteries not charging. (60 Views)
Occasional Contributor
kishbin
Message 1 of 5 (60 Views)
Accepted Solution

Batteries not charging.

The laptop runs when using the power cable but not on batteries. The laptop is docked. In control panel-power options -advanced, it shows the battery is 5% charged and keeps constantly toggling between battery and ac power. Also the power icon on the task tray keeps appearing an disappearing every second.The charging is not exceeding 5%.
Can you please reply me back urgently..

tried draining the battery fully and then charging..but the problem persists..
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
ed k.
Message 2 of 5 (60 Views)

Re: Batteries not charging.

Hi Kishbin, what is your laptops type/model and OS?!
Best Regards :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Norman Adelewitz
Message 3 of 5 (60 Views)

How old is this battery?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kishbin
Message 4 of 5 (60 Views)

My laptops model is HP COMPAQ NC4200. I dont remember the battery model. The battery % is always 5% though I have added an external battery as well. So can I expect the problem with both the batteries?? Will it work fine if i change my batteries??
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
ed k.
Message 5 of 5 (60 Views)

Hi Kishbin, please see/check next web pages:

Battery Health Check utility:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Battery information center (Test your battery status):
http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/index.htm

Best Regarsd :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation