Daemon differences (275 Views)
Advisor
Charles_151
Message 1 of 5 (275 Views)

Daemon differences

All

Can you please help me to find out what are the differences between HP-UX and Solaris daemons.

The differences can be in the function or availability or non-availability and equivalent on the target platform. I am considering HP as Source and Solaris as a target platform.

It would be appreciate if you can refer some url also.
Honored Contributor
harry d brown jr
Message 2 of 5 (275 Views)

Re: Daemon differences

Some daemons are the same, yet others are different.

The big question I would have is why does it matter and how does comparing HP daemons to Solaris Daemons help anyone?

live free or die
harry d brown jr
Live Free or Die
Advisor
Charles_151
Message 3 of 5 (275 Views)

Hi Harry

Thanks for reply.

I am making some document where I need this information. The document is Application porting issues. So this document will help for the people who is doing their application migration.

I categorized te question, on that there is a category called Daemon issues which I am currently working on.

I am not finding any relevent information though. So it would be appreciate if somebody can help.
Honored Contributor
harry d brown jr
Message 4 of 5 (275 Views)

You probably won't find much on daemon differences because they are irrelevant.

As far as the behavior of a daemon between HP-ux and Solaris, there aren't any that I know of. The same can be said of AIX.

live free or die
harry d brown jr
Live Free or Die
Advisor
Charles_151
Message 5 of 5 (275 Views)

If you can come across some answer please let me know.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.