Re: WebInspect Schedule (267 Views)
Occasional Contributor
TomStage_ATN
Message 1 of 5 (279 Views)
Accepted Solution

WebInspect Schedule

Hi

I have a "simple" question about the WebInspect Scheduling, is it possible to query WebInspect Schedule service about the scans that have been scheduled?

From what I can see WebInspect does not store the scheduling information in the dedicated DB server, but the information is stored in the Schedule.xml which is then checked by the WebInspect Scheduling service?

Which then starts WebInspect with the information stored in the XML file, and then the data ends in the dedicated DB server.

WebInspect version is 9.10

Best regards

Tom Stage
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Sam_Shober
Message 2 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: WebInspect Schedule

Tom,

The easiest method of seeing the status for scheduled jobs is to view the schedule interface in WI. To do that from the home tab in WI click on Manage schedule, right next to manage scans. From the menu system in WI, click on File>Schedule.this interface will tell you the status of every scheduled job.

If you are looking to do something pragmatically, you'll need to read the schedule.xml.  Please note that using a program other than WebInspect to read or manipulate the schedule.xml is neither supported nor recommended.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TomStage_ATN
Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)

Hi Sam

Then it is as I suspected, I was just hoping for an easy way to get a list of schedules configured in WebInspect, and was wondering why the data was not stored in the dedicated DB server, since WebInspect is storing everything else in a "databases", but not scheduling information.

I know how to find the info in WebInspect it self.

The main issue here is the setup our customer have, I need to remember every schedule done in WebInspect because they only have 1 license for WebInspect, and if I start WebInspect up and lose my VPN connection and leave WebInspect started then the schedule will fail, because the license is in use, reported by the LIM server.

Best regards

Tom Stage
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Sam_Shober
Message 4 of 5 (267 Views)

If you change the schedule service user account to have the same user credentials as you have then the service and the WI GUI will share the concurrent license issued by the LIM.

for example - if you have desktop user account of TOM | Password   set the scheduler service to use TOM | Password instead of local system. the user account is the same and only one license on the LIM is consumed. Essentially the LIM monitors usage based on MachineName+UserAccount.  (its a little more complicated, but that's the highlevel view). This is how WI and a bunch of the tools from the toolkit can all run simultaneously on the desktop while only consuming one license. When the scheduler is configured to use local system it is a different user account and when running uses another concurrent license instance.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TomStage_ATN
Message 5 of 5 (247 Views)

Hi Sam

Sorry for the late reply.

Your solution solved some of the issues we had, so thank you for that.

Best regards

Tom Stage
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation