07-07-2011 08:59 AM
Here's how you configure a WS scan:
Click start a web service scan on WebInspect start page.
1) Enter a name for the scan in the Scan Name box.
Click the radio button for Configure a Web Service Scan - Enter or select the full path and name of a Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) file, or click to open a standard file-selection dialog and choose a WSDL file. You will import the WSDL file and later launch the Web Service Test Designer to configure a file containing values for each operation in the service.
2) Enter any credentials necessary for authentication or connectivity like credentials or proxy information.
3) Click the Design button to open the Web Service Test Designer. You can create a new Designer file or edit a web service design (WSD) file containing values that should be submitted to the WSDL file during the scan.
4) Click Scan to start it.
You can click the settings button in the lower left corner at any time while in the wizard to edit any settings that weren't displayed in the wizard.
This is a basic walkthrough on how to start a Web Service scan however if you want a more detailed walkthrough then I suggest reading through the help file regarding the Designer or contact the support group and they can walk you through the entire process.
Thanks and good luck,
HP Application Security
12-11-2012 12:58 PM
Receiving the following error when scanning WSDL file: "This appears to be a WSDL 2.0 file which is not supported"
Currently using WebInspect Version 220.127.116.11:
1) When will be WSDL 2.0 supported and is there a list of supported Web Service file types?
2) How is Web Inspect determing the WSDL format? Is there a way to make file changes to allow the WSDL 2.0 format to be interegated by the current version of Web Inspect.
12-12-2012 12:55 PM