Scan is Interrupting and WebInspect is automatically exiting when the Workflow is used. (1549 Views)
Occasional Contributor
SamipShah
Message 1 of 7 (1,549 Views)

Scan is Interrupting and WebInspect is automatically exiting when the Workflow is used.

Scan is Interrupting and WebInspect is automatically exiting when the Workflow (Multiple Macros as well as Single Macro) is used after the crawl and audit for almost 6 - 8 hours.

I also verified that the free space on the disk is almost 35 GB.

I had disabled the 'Stop Scan If Loss Of Connectivity Detected' option from the Scan Settings > Requestor screen and the scan had automatically interrupted and WebInspect exited.

Also tried with the 'Stop Scan If Loss Of Connectivity Detected' option from the Scan Settings > Requestor screen option enabled and the scan had automatically interrupted and WebInspect exited.

How can I figure out what is the actual problem?

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SamipShah
Message 2 of 7 (1,536 Views)

Re: Scan is Interrupting and WebInspect is automatically exiting when the Workflow is used.

I am also getting the OutOfMemoryException in the log file as mentioned below:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at SPI.Diagnostics.GCUtils.HandleOutOfMemoryException(ILog log, String fn, OutOfMemoryException e, Int32 tryCount, Int32 maxTries)
at SPI.Diagnostics.GCUtils.HandleOutOfMemoryException(ILog log, String fn, OutOfMemoryException e, Int32 tryCount)
Please use plain text.
psmkreddy255
Message 3 of 7 (1,524 Views)

Re: Scan is Interrupting and WebInspect is automatically exiting when the Workflow is used.

Out of memory is for Process(memory occupied by webinspect scan on RAM). In windows each process can have only 1.35GB(Approx)... If it reached near to the values thi error may occur.

In Scan Settings-->Requestor tab -->Requester Performance-->use separate requestors

Set

CRWL Requester thread count to 1

Audit requestor thread counter to 1 (instead of 10)

By reducing number Audit requestor thread counter to 1 may reduce the pressure on Memory.

After above solution also If still your system is out memory error your web site or your Macro must be very huge. May be more than 3K CRWL URL...

then divide your web site into small parts (Based on Structure of the web site) by adding session exclusions with RegEx.

*If above procedured worked or not also dont forget tell back to us :).

Krishna

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Yasser_Gamal
Message 4 of 7 (1,507 Views)

This is becoming a daily problem , I believe there should be a more controlled memory management so if the WI near to exceed his Ram Max size , then he should reduce requests automatically or Pause scan and present the user a message to manually reduce the scan , not just crash .

Please use plain text.
psmkreddy255
Message 5 of 7 (1,497 Views)

yes yasser... I am really bcoming crazy with this error.......I have scaned  one application for 41 hours  with WI with 3 Requestors.. Later It crashed .... :( So have to start again..

Now I am observing the scan every other minute and if I can see  wrning for memory ,I am pausing (Suspend)it and resumeing it... So it continues...

If I missed any of such warning my scan ending up with error and stoping of scan......

Hate you WI....

Please use plain text.
psmkreddy255
Message 6 of 7 (1,493 Views)

This issue is solved ... just upgrade ur Webinspect to 9.20.264.0.... Update is not available via smart upadte... contact HP support for this...

More info there on this forum

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/WebInspect/WebInspect-give-quot-Memory-limit-reached-quot-error/td-p/57...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Yasser_Gamal
Message 7 of 7 (1,486 Views)

I am sorry ,did I missed something here , what do you mean by downloading 9.20.x.x   ,  this is already happening in 9.30.x.x now , this is an old thread .

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation