Re: Pulling AMP config into WebInspect (260 Views)
Occasional Collector
Lenhard85
Message 1 of 6 (301 Views)

Pulling AMP config into WebInspect

All,

I have spent a lot of time configuring AMP for my needs, as the GUI provides most functionality needed. That being said, I am trying to configure WebInspect and would like to know if it is possible to clone the AMP configs into WebInspect. I hope I am asking this question correctly. Thank you for your assistance. 

Valued Contributor
QBaker75
Message 2 of 6 (290 Views)

Re: Pulling AMP config into WebInspect

Are you talking about configured AMP settings?

In AMP save a scan template.

In WebInspect, connect to AMP and then select Transfer Settings and select the Scan Template to download to WebInspect.

Read the help on Transfer settings and double check all your settings in WebInspect when you use the AMP Scan Template as a settings file in WebInspect.

Quentin Baker
HP Application Security Center
Occasional Collector
Lenhard85
Message 3 of 6 (287 Views)

Quentin,

Thank you. That did get me further.  Also, in reference to the AMP Web Console. I can view everything, (sites, projects...) and the functionality to set schedules and scan a particular site based on a template is seamless. Is this functionality easily configured into WebInspect? 

Valued Contributor
QBaker75
Message 4 of 6 (281 Views)

Sorry, but you do not get all the same functionality in WebInspect as you do in AMP.

You can schedule scans in WebInspect though.

You may want to configure your scan settings in WebInspect and then use those settings in AMP to configure and schedule scans in AMP.  You can always download scans to WebInspect from AMP.

Is there a reason you are trying to do everything in WebInspect instead of AMP?

Quentin Baker
HP Application Security Center
Occasional Collector
Lenhard85
Message 5 of 6 (279 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to now have to log into AMP as much since we have webinspect. I am new to the world of HP assessment products, and may not see the correlation between products properly. Still dreadging through the weeds. Thank you for your insight. 

Respected Contributor
HansEnders
Message 6 of 6 (260 Views)

Just as Quentin stated, you can seamlessly connect and download/upload scans and scan settings between WebInspect and the AMP Server. You would not be able to transfer scan schedules, but in WebInspect you could use the scan settings downloaded in the configuration for your WebInspect Scheduled Scan. The options are not as great as within AMP, and WebInspect can only run one back-ground scan at a time, whereas AMP can scan as many scans as it has Sensors. Lastly, you may want to enable the AMP Synchronize on your WebInspect machine so all local scans get uploaded to AMP, which offers better shared Reporting and retention than WebInspect Desktop.

-- Habeas Data
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.