"Attempted to read or write protected memory....often an indication that other memory is corrupt." (411 Views)
Advisor
LWid
Message 1 of 4 (411 Views)

"Attempted to read or write protected memory....often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

The above error is being thrown by both the Web CLient and Web Service after a recent routine maintenance outage.

We're running TRIM 7.10 Build 1150 64 bit on Windows 2008 server r2 against a SQL database. We have both Web Client being used, and an external app running transactions through the API via the Web Service.

The previous Friday, we had a routine maintenance outage for server patching. After the outage the TRIM servers came back online and the TRIM Desktop Client was performing normally. It was noticed on Monday morning, however, that the Web Service and the application pool hadn't restarted (service was not set to restart automatically).

After this was manually restarted, the Web Client started throwing the above message when someone was trying to create a record with a document attachment. Metadata only records created fine.

Also, the API was now having the same issue, it was creating metadata records, but returning an error saying it could not attach the documents.

I have seen this error mentioned on these boards under some other issues, but does anyone know the fix for this on the webservice/web client side?

There's also some other messages being displayed in the workgroup event logs:

System Log

• A process serving application pool 'trimws' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '3772'. The data field contains the error number.

• A process serving application pool 'trimws' failed to respond to a ping. The process id was '4532'.

Application Log:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

CheckIn failed: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. (TRIM Connectivity Toolkit unique id = 1100061)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 4 (399 Views)

Re: "Attempted to read or write protected memory....often an indication that other memory is co

I would suggest restarting the Workgroup service and IIS on the webclient machines and see if that brings them back up.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LWid
Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: "Attempted to read or write protected memory....often an indication that other memory is co

Cheers. I have an outage window today and that's what I'll try first.

I did find thousands of the missing document attachments sitting in the D drive under one of teh estoreclientcache folders. There's about 1Tb of documents sitting there that are about to blow the server capacity.

Anyway, does it make a difference which order the two services are restarted? Workgroup service then IIS, or vice versa?
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 4 (360 Views)

Shouldn't matter the order in this scenario

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation