Re: Profile changes delayed to Web Client? (TRIM 7.1) (211 Views)
Advisor
LWid
Message 1 of 5 (236 Views)

Profile changes delayed to Web Client? (TRIM 7.1)

I'm currently testing the Web Client in 7.1 build 1150.

Changing access control on records either in web client or rich client immediately propagates between the interfaces. However, if I change a caveat or security level on a Profile, it's taking 20 mins plus for that change to be reflected on the profile when accessing the Web Client.

I.E..  If I upgrade security level, a user logging into rich client will immediately see higher level records. If the same user then opens Web Client, the change will not have taken effect. I even tried changing the users network ID in TRIM to match another user, and they were still logging in to the web client as the old user.

Is this expected and standard behaviour?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 5 (227 Views)

Re: Profile changes delayed to Web Client? (TRIM 7.1)

It sounds like it might be a caching issue.

Are you able to make the security change to a user.

Perform an IIS reset on the server that runs the webclient and retest the security access?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

Just like with the thick client a user's profile change is only reflected when they close the app. Since there is no logout button you have to wait for the 20 minute timeout in IIS. Other option is to add an asp page to the webclient which forces an end to the session, then send the user the link. I have a sample of that sort of page if you want.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LWid
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Erik,

That sounds exactly like the behaviour I'm seeing as it's around 20 mins before I see the change.  I did try running the web browser and bypassing the local cache, but expect this is likely happening on the server anyway?

Edit: Yes, would be interested in your page and how you are triggering that log out - I have low-level IT capable users to look after.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 5 of 5 (202 Views)

Shoot me an email and I'll send it over the weekend when I get a chance.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation