Re: Enabling the report functionality in Web Client for HPRM 8.0 (235 Views)
DyN
Occasional Advisor
DyN
Message 1 of 3 (286 Views)

Enabling the report functionality in Web Client for HPRM 8.0

In the Web Client install instructions, it states that the user identity that is used to install the OnstreamPrinterFiles_x64.msi file must be the same as the one that runs the HPRMServiceAPIAppPool.  Does this mean the 'TRIMServices or RMServices' id?  I have administrator rights, so the install completes without giving me the option to 'Run as Administrator'.  I also don't see a report button anywhere on the web client.  Is this feature available for 'web client classic'?

Test environment:

Windows Server 2008 R2

IIS 7.5

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Enabling the report functionality in Web Client for HPRM 8.0

It can be either account as long as it is the same account that does both. I normally use TRIMservices.

Reporting should be there, haven't testing in the classic version though.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Trusted Contributor
Helen Barnes
Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Enabling the report functionality in Web Client for HPRM 8.0

Greg has answered the question about the user.  I'll answer the question about Reporting.

To access the Reporting funcationality in the HP RM Web Client:

1. Click the Search button; build and run your search.
  2. Select the Reecords to be included in the Report.
  3. To create a Report, click the "Show Report" button (this is available underneath the Search Query box; next to the Save and Search buttons).
  4. Select the report template and then click Report.

A dialog will appear advising that you've requested a report.  When the Report has been generated you'll be presented with an 'open or save' type dialog (it depends on your browser).  You can then save or send the PDF to a printer.

This reporting functionality is not available in Classic Mode.

Hope that helps!  Let me know if you require further information.

Cheers

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HP Records Manager and HP TRIM Documentation and Training Developer
IM Technical Publications
HP Software
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.