URGENT start aggregate recovery (208 Views)
Regular Advisor
Adrian Killops_3
Message 1 of 4 (208 Views)

URGENT start aggregate recovery

URGENT
The mpe/xl system crashed while performing a vsopen on a mirror_set
I have rebooted and done an Install of a SLT just in case. Then performed a START RECOVERY and now the system has been on this message for 2½ hours START AGGREGATE RECOVERY OF MIRROR_SET
Is this normal or should i do a START NORECOVE
Valued Contributor
Dick Cooman
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

Re: URGENT start aggregate recovery

This sounds like a very long time. I would control-B it and do a START NORECOVERY. That's what HP recommends if RECOVERY fails, or in this case seems to be hung up.

Dick Cooman
Logical
Cincinnati, OH USA
My goal is to live forever, or die trying!
Honored Contributor
Kwan Fong, Emile
Message 3 of 4 (208 Views)

Hello Adrian,

If I understand correctly, you have rebooted the system and did an ISL>INSTALL using an CSLT tape. If that is the case, then after ISL>INSTALL has restored files, you should do an ISL>START NORECOVERY instead.
King is the customer!
Regular Advisor
Adrian Killops_3
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

thanks for the info, however as I never mentioned it, a norecovery was the second thing I did.

FYI - One mirrored disk was corrupt on the SCSI which crashed the BUS bring down all mirrored disk, therefore the stage after the AGGREGATE RECOVERY could not start, Pulling the HOT SWAP disk allowed the system start up to complete, inserted a new disk and forced a synchronization which resolved the whole problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.