Desktop Communicator (242 Views)
Occasional Contributor
STDMFGCO
Message 1 of 3 (242 Views)
Accepted Solution

Desktop Communicator

hello!

I currently have 25 licenses for the desktop communicator, but can't find where to download it from HP's website.  Does anyone know?

Also, any special tricks to get it working with a VCX 200 using firmware 9.8?  We're currently using 3CX for our softphone.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
John_Katzmaier
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: Desktop Communicator

Hi,

Desktop Communicator can be found on the ftp.usa.hp.com FTP site. The login is connect and the password is 2GetConn

The software can be found in the folder /PC_Applications/Desktop_Communicator/DC_2_7_1

As for tricks to get it working with a VCX Connect 200 running 9.8.15, generally following the Desktop Communicator User Manual works well. 

A key point is ensuring that the Phone Profile is configured to enable Desktop Communicator (either regular or Outlook Edition) as the Softphone.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
STDMFGCO
Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)

Re: Desktop Communicator

Thank you!  That was it.  I didn't realize I had to change it in the phone profile as well.  It works well after that. :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation