Re: why QTP10 Web Service Wizard "selected service is invalid" (865 Views)
Frequent Visitor
weirise
Message 1 of 7 (889 Views)
Accepted Solution

why QTP10 Web Service Wizard "selected service is invalid"

hi,

I test web services recently using webservice addin of QTP10. When I input wsdl url through the web services wizard and click next,I get this message: "The selected service is invalid. Please select another service." ,if repeating  this operation again,service name appearing, but without portname and available operations,of course ,this error message above again,and next operation disable .however,I find this wsdl url working by IE browser.I don't know what happened to me and where is problem.

so  I sincerely thanking for you help.

Frequent Advisor
APM17
Message 2 of 7 (876 Views)

Re: why QTP10 Web Service Wizard "selected service is invalid"

Hello There,

I would recommend you:

Use the appropriate Toolkit and save the WSDL file and dependencies to the local drive

1. If the WebService was developed in .Net, use the .Net Toolkit in QuickTest Professional to parse thetoolkit. If it is developed using Axis, try the Axis Toolkit.

2. There have been cases where an Axis 1.3 WSDL file has not successfully parsed using Axis 1.2.Please note that this is not a QuickTest Professional issue, but rather a compatibility issue with theAxis Toolkit.

If you have trouble parsing a WSDL file developed in Axis, Mercury recommends using the Axis 1.3 Toolkit.

3. Save the WSDL file and all its dependencies (including the .xsd files) to the local drive and point theWebServices Testing Wizard to the location on the local drive.

Please also consider that if the above does not work you probably would need to consider to use the dedicated tool for WebServices that is called Service Test, this due the fact that the Web Services Add-in for QTP has not been updated since QTP 9.5 and now is included as backwards compatibility, and HP R&D will not develop any path/hotfix or enhancement for Web Services add-in because of the existence of Service Test.

For more information about Service Test you can check this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1173796#.UIlxQHU8vzk

Best,

JG

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

Frequent Visitor
weirise
Message 3 of 7 (871 Views)

hello,APM17,

Thank you for your suggestions. I want clear some issues for you.

Firstly,our web services developed by axis 2.1.5 client,QTP10 is axis 1.x,howerver. I wonder axis versiong's dfference  leads to  the error just as "selected service not in valid",is it right?

Secondly,I want to know that Service Test is a addin or something others,if addin, QTP10 including?if something others ,where can I find it and how should I setup based in QTP10?

Best regards,

yours sincerely   weirise

Trusted Contributor
JPMS_1
Message 4 of 7 (865 Views)

Hi Wirise,

SInce your web service it's based on Apache Axis 2.1.5, this toolkit it's not supported by any version of the QTP Web Service add-in. 

The error message you are having it's caused due the incompatibility with that particular toolkit.

As APM17 have mentioned before the WebService add-in it's offered on QTP 10 and QTP 11 as a legacy feature in order to run the script you have created previously.

In order to test your web service you need to consider HP Service Test, a separte tool part of the Unified Functional Testing products. 

HP Service Test could be integrated with QTP 11 using a UFT License, since you are using QTP 10 you will need to upgrade your current licenses to UFT, for more informatino about this please contact your sales rep. 

For more information about this tool and also download a trial version for 30 days, please refers to the link provided by APM17. 

Thanks. 

Juan Pablo MS
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Visitor
weirise
Message 5 of 7 (851 Views)

Hello,JPMS_1,

Thank you very much.
     Incompatibility of axis versions leads to the Web services testing failure based on  QTP10 As you analyzed,I have some disappointment for this reasons since  my test frame composed by QTP10and QC. I have some worries.I don't know  if HP Service Test is a addin of QTP or seperated from QTP,if the former, some confidence my exist.if the later,if it works beteween QC and HP Service Test. At last,What is thd UFT license,since I know there are silent license and currence license.

and thanks agian,
Best regards,
Yours sincerely
weirise

Trusted Contributor
JPMS_1
Message 6 of 7 (839 Views)

Hi Weirise,

HP Service Test is NOT a QTP Add-in, this is a separate tool part of the HP Functional Testing products.

Service Test could be integrated with QC And ALM as well and let you save your tests in a similar way as QTP does, also it could be integrated with QTP.

If you want to continue executing the existing tests generated with QTP Web Service Add-in, you are allowed to call QTP test scripts from ST. 

For more information about HP Service Test, we recommend to ask your HP Sales rep about the tool, he will let you know if the tool it's part of the products of your contract and also will offer you a detailed documentation about the features offered by the tool.

UFT license it's a license feature, this could be concurrent or seat license. the UFT feature let you integrate QTP 11 with ST 11.20. For QTP 10 usually the licenses features used are FT-Unified  and FT-Add-ins.

Fore more information about License Features please refers at: What are the license features

Hope this helps. 

Juan Pablo MS
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Visitor
weirise
Message 7 of 7 (832 Views)

Thank APM17 and JPMS_1 very much for your helpful suggestions again!

Best regargs

yours

weirise

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.