what is the latest version of firefox compatiable with QTP 10? how do I install the addin? (279 Views)
Occasional Contributor
mdmccoy
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

what is the latest version of firefox compatiable with QTP 10? how do I install the addin?

what is the latest version of firefox compatiable with QTP 10?  how do I install the addin?

Occasional Contributor
mdmccoy
Message 2 of 3 (274 Views)

Re: what is the latest version of firefox compatiable with QTP 10? how do I install the addin?

I know I have to record in IE but I want to execute against Firefox.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 3 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: what is the latest version of firefox compatiable with QTP 10? how do I install the addin?

According to the QTP 10 Product Availability Matrix the latest version of Firefox that is supported is 3.5, but this requires some QTP patch. The document doesn't specify the patch, and I couldn't find it in the HP support site.

Without the patch the latest version of Firefox that is supported is 3.0 .X

Browser support is through the Web Add-in. When you install QTP the Web add-in is selected by default to be installed.  When you launch QTP there is an option dialog that displays (at least, it does in v11.0) which lists the Add-ins that have been installed on the system. This dialog could've been disabled at some point. If it has, you should be able to still go to Help > About and see a list of the installed Add-ins.  If "Web" isn't listed, then you need to get the QTP media and begin the installation process. Partway through that process you will be asked which add-ins you want to install.  That will be your opportunity to install the Web add-in, if it wasn't already installed.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.