Re: sample framework (276 Views)
Advisor
qtp24
Message 1 of 5 (343 Views)

sample framework

Hello,

Can someone share a framework (data or keyword driven) design? Any kind of design. If you dont have it, can you share a link which has the designs?

Also, any hp documentations discuss about framework?

Thanks a lot.

-Q

Respected Contributor
Ruddy10
Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

Re: sample framework

Hi Q,

Hope you are doing well.

I went to the PAM (Product Availability Matrix) and i select the Framework option that you may see below:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1392200

Hope this will help you.

Please mark this answer as accepted solution or correct answer if this answered your question.

Best regards,

Ruddy Alvarez Hernandez.
HP Support.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
Advisor
qtp24
Message 3 of 5 (304 Views)

This link asks me to enter SAID. I dont have it. I contacted the department who handles the licensing and they also dont have the SAID.

Is there any way you can provide the docs here?

-Q

Respected Contributor
Ruddy10
Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Q,

Hope you are well.

The issue is because to access the official documents you should have a valid SAID to get it you may contact to our sales representative.

If you don't have a valid SAID for one product, you just be able to:
post a question in all the support customer forums and
view knowledge documents from other products
or limited to the forum and the documents  for your specific product.

The document that i mentioned before talk about:

If the Windows-based application being tested (AUT - Application Under Testing) uses supported Java or .NET log framework that includes a UDP appender, its possible to enable QuickTest Professional (QTP) to receive log messages from that framework and send them to the run results.

Simply do this by configuring AUT's log configuration file. It possible to configure this file using QTP or manually. For detailed information on on configuring the log configuration file manually, see: HP QuickTest Professional User Guide > Configuring QuickTest Settings > Individual Test Settings > How to Manually Configure Log Tracking Settings.

When configuring the AUT's log configuration file (via QuickTest or manually), specify the minimum log message level desired for QTP to receive, the log message source and port, and so on.

During a run session, QTP receives the relevant log messages generated for the AUT and sends them to the run results.

In the Run Results Viewer, these log messages are displayed in the Log Tracking Results pane. In the Run Results Viewer, log messages are associated with steps according to their timestamp.

Analyzing the log messages that were generated as a result of a particular step can help end-users / testers pinpoint the causes of unexpected behavior in the AUT, such as application crashes during automated runs.

Supported versions:

fram.png

Regards,

Ruddy Alvarez Hernandez.
HP Support.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
LSW
Mark-HPSW
Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)

@qtp24

Hi,

In order to have a valid SAID, you will need to purchase a license/support contract.  I can connect you with the sales team if needed, or simply submit the "Contact Us" form.

Thanks,

Mark

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.