What does patch QTP_00919 really address? (425 Views)
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)
Accepted Solution

What does patch QTP_00919 really address?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to install QTP patch QTP_00919.  I received automatic notification of the release of this patch for QTP v11.

The patch information says:

"This patch enables you to run QuickTest tests remotely as part of a Functional test set from an ALM server using server-side execution."

There is no additional explanation.  There is no reference to a defect or change request id.

What is meant by "from an ALM server using server-side execution"? Is this the same thing as logging in through the ALM UI, going to the Test Lab module, selecting a QuickTest test instance and running it? Or the same as opening QTP, connecting to ALM, opening a QTP test stored in ALM, and running it within the QTP application?  If so, did this stop working at some point, requiring a patch to make it work again?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 4 (418 Views)

Re: What does patch QTP_00919 really address?

Through another user forum I was informaed that this functionality is a feature of ALM v11.5 (Lab Management). Now I totally understand what they mean.

Why couldn't they have just stated that in the patch readme?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Sree6363
Message 3 of 4 (409 Views)

can you share the link ..where you have read the explanation about this patch?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)

Here is the relevant posting from the other user forum.
http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=715131&an=0&page=0#Post715131
Note that it is not an explanation of the patch, specifically. The other user quoted from the ALM 11.5 documentation to explain "server-side execution". Since that is what the patch concerns, the implication is that it applies only in the situation where you are using QTP 11 with ALM 11.5.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation