Re: Very Very New to QTP (278 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ahlam
Message 1 of 3 (296 Views)
Accepted Solution

Very Very New to QTP

Dear Sir,

Q1: I work as a tester for an application developed in Oracle forms 6i and the database is Oracle too. I wonder if I can use QTP to test our application.

Q2: what is the user technical background required to use QTP for testing.

waiting for a reply to start with QTP trial.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
stormmykL
Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: Very Very New to QTP

Hi Ahlam,

A1. By right, you should be able to test your application using QTP. You need to load the Oracle add-in during QTP installation to enable QTP to recognize the Oracle objects. (There are times where Java add-in may also be required but I hope the recent QTP patches have made up for this -- sorry I haven't really tested oracle application yet but this should be the normal concept to make it work)

A2. QTP can normally work through record+play, however if you want to enhance your scripts to make it more dynamic, you'll need to familiarize yourself with VB Scripting. (Note: Record+Play will only work where you set an "initial condition" (initial state of the application eg. right after login, right after launching the application, etc.) and play (execute) the script exactly right where the initial condition was set before you started recording. Otherwise you'll need an enhanced script.)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ahlam
Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)

Re: Very Very New to QTP

than you very much , that was extremely helpful

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation