Using Test Resources of QC by QTP (283 Views)
Advisor
qtp24
Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Using Test Resources of QC by QTP

Hi,

I have some test data saved in excel. During run time, QTP reads the data from excel. Instead of reading from the excel, I want to save the test data in test resources of QC. I need to be able to read a specific cell data during test run. Can you provide me some guidence what I should explore on to get this done?

Thanks.

-Q

Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Using Test Resources of QC by QTP

Hi

This is possible but not really recommended as the DataSheet is QTP is used for driving the iterations that are being tested. i.e. each row should contain the test data to be used and also capture the results.

If you start changing the position - especially in the Global sheet - then you run the risk of it all going horribly wrong

Check the commands in the Step Generator under Utility Objects --> DataTable. You will see here the options possible

Hope this helps

Thanks

Martin 

Advisor
qtp24
Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)

Re: Using Test Resources of QC by QTP

My situation is that during development I work in one network. During testing, I work in another network. Different networks have different QTP machines. When I work in development network, I save the test data in excel. During testing, I have to save the excel file again into test network computer to open it. But both networks have the same QC server. Thats why I thought QC can be the main data storage. So I dont save the excel file separartely in different network computers.

Where can i save the test data so that I can use it when I change the network?

Thanks.

-Q

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.