Re: Unable to launch UFT trial 12 (348 Views)
Visitor
yduan
Message 1 of 10 (445 Views)

Unable to launch UFT trial 12

Hi, I installed UFT trial version 12, but unable to launch it. I get ‘HP Unified Functional Testing is not response’ message almost always. It looks like I could open it only once after restart machine after wait usually long. Is anybody there can help? I already tried several reinstallation, no one help.

Appreciate any input.

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 10 (421 Views)

Re: Unable to launch UFT trial 12

What is the OS, service pack, and bit level of your system?

How much free disk space do you have? How much memory does the system have?

When you installed UFT were you logged in as a user with Administrator privileges?

At what point in the launch process are you seeing the message? Had it gotten to the screen where you would select what Add-in to load? If so, how many add-ins did you select to load?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Visitor
yduan
Message 3 of 10 (416 Views)

Thanks for quick reply! Please check my answers below.

Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64-bit OS

46 GB free space after install UFT,  RAM: 32.0 GB,

Yes, I logged in as one of the administrator when install the UFT

Right after I select what Add-in to loads, it  is stuck in a small window with text  'HP Unified Functional Testing, version 12.00' and some copyright info as well. , if I click it then it will show the no response info promp to close. No diff how many add-in I choose, it just same. (I tried just web add-in, it do the same)

HP Expert
Eickel
Message 4 of 10 (409 Views)

Yduan,

Did you received any error during the installation of the product?

Please try to launch UFT after having started Windows in safe mode and let us know about the results.

Thanks,

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Visitor
yduan
Message 5 of 10 (389 Views)

Hi, Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't see any error during installation. I can reopen UFT any times if my computy is in safe mode.  Please let me know how to solve the problem.

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 6 of 10 (382 Views)

When you run UFT, are you logged on as an administrator?

Do you right-click on it and select the Run As Admin option?

When it becomes non-responsive, can you open Windows Task Manager and check the CPU and Memory usage? Are they maxed out? Are there processes that are consuming large portions of either?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Visitor
yduan
Message 7 of 10 (374 Views)

I always log on this machine as an admin. I did right-click on it and run as Admin. No any difference.

When it becomes non-responsive, The CPU usage is arount 0% - 10%, Memory about 5.80 GB. It looks like no much diff than before it open. Any ideas what is going on here?

Visitor
yduan
Message 8 of 10 (372 Views)

More info: when UFT no-response, UFT.exe *32  itself take:

CPU=00

Memory(Private Working Set) = 43,948 K

Please help, it has blocked me for several days

Regular Advisor
AnkurJain
Message 9 of 10 (365 Views)

As I see you have tried a lot of things.

Here is what I can advise you - 

1. To me it looks like some issue with admin privileges on your machine, try to get it checked with an IT guy at your organization.
  2. if 1) above doesn't work,  see if one of these tips can help you. (Not all will be related to your issue but go through each of them)
  3. If 1) and 2)  above doesn't work, may be your download is corrupt. Try to clean uninstall, download the software again and re-install.

Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
------------------------------------------------------------
HP Expert
Eickel
Message 10 of 10 (348 Views)

Yduan,

If you're able to launch UFT with no problem only when the machine is booted in Safe Mode, that means that there is a running process or service conflicting with UFT on that machine.

You might need to do some trial and error tries in order to find out what specific process/service is related to the issue...

You can use the following tool: msconfig (Start > Run > msconfig)

It'll let you select which specific processes or services are started during the machine's boot up... 

A startup very similar to a "Safe Mode" one, is when you go to Startup tab and uncheck everything,  and also for everything under Services tab.

So, it's likely you will find one process or service related to the issue, that when not loaded it durign the startup, UFT can be launched with no problem.

I've seen some antivirus conflicting with UFT sometimes... Or other security softwares. 

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.