Re: Unable to connect to a license server " (1909 Views)
Valued Contributor
gopelgopel
Message 1 of 6 (2,745 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to a license server "

Hi

After installing Qtp 11.00 I set the license key and get successful massage but When I run QTP I get   "Unable to connect to a license server "

how can I fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gopelgopel
Message 2 of 6 (2,734 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to a license server "

uninistall then inistall qtp fixes the problem dont understand why?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
ajaykumar.p
Message 3 of 6 (2,520 Views)

I have the same issue with QTP 9.5 and uninstall and registry clean does not work. Any legitimate solution for this problem from HP?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Aileen
Message 4 of 6 (2,505 Views)

1. Please ensure that the port 5093 is open since in both directions since is the open that the license server use to communicate with the client. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1330132
  2. Confirm with your network admin if you're using IPSec/UDP.
  3. The license software does not support NAT
  4. Check with your network admin if you’re using VPN – If you are using VPN, and packets aren't being lost, you may need to decrease the MTU size to 1300, or less (1500 is generally the default). The reason for this is that sometimes extra security header information can be added to the packet (1314 bytes from client, 1474 bytes from server), and if the MTU size is exceeded in this way, it likely won't work. Decreasing the MTU size to force packet fragmentation at a lower packet size seems to fix this. For this you should consult with your network administrators on how to change these settings appropriately.

If other utility such as commuter licenses, and WLMAdmin, work, but QTP does not, this is also

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
ajaykumar.p
Message 5 of 6 (1,965 Views)

Thanks for the reply Aileen. I will try out the options you suggested.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
ajaykumar.p
Message 6 of 6 (1,909 Views)

Aileen,

We are getting the error from when we try to connect via VPN from a machine that is geographycally in a different continent. We tried reducing the MTU size on the firewall and it still does not resolve the license error. Should we reduce it on the License Server too?

Thanks for your help!

-AJ

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation