Re: UFT gives - sequence contains more than one matching element error. (277 Views)
Occasional Contributor
flawedlogic
Message 1 of 4 (300 Views)

UFT gives - sequence contains more than one matching element error.

Hi,

I am trying to edit a script located on ALM using UFT. But when I try to save it I get a message - "Sequence contains more than one matching element."

However I am able to edit and save the libraries.

Any help/workaround is deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Anoop

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
pavanpy
Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: UFT gives - sequence contains more than one matching element error.

This error occurs when you have incorrect action references in the solution.

Probable cause: You initially created a solution and saved it to UFT. Then edited the action calls and tried to check in again when the error occurs

To fix this go to:

View -> Solution Explorer -> External Actions

See which are the correct actions and remove the others and then check in. It is adviced to keep different action names always, since same action names in different ALM directories can cause this issue.

+pavan

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
flawedlogic
Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)

Hi Pavan

The script which is giving me this problem contains only 1 action.

However it is reusable and there are other scripts that make a call to this action.

Thanks,

Anoop

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 4 of 4 (247 Views)

Hi Anoop ,

WHat is the exact version on UFT and ALM you are using ? Let us know the patch details.

Does this same issue happen if you work with a dummy test with just 1 line script and no librabies or repository or anything ?

WHat happens when you try to save with a different name ?

Regards,

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation