Re: UFT and TAO (7310 Views)
Frequent Advisor
emmad
Message 1 of 6 (7,344 Views)

UFT and TAO

Has anyone here installed UFT and used it with SAP TAO successfully?  I've just installed to test that UFT will work and when doing the self check SAP TAO isn't recognizing the _sap_doc in the application area.

Also unable to run simple bpt tests from ALM with UFT

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 2 of 6 (7,310 Views)

Re: UFT and TAO

[ Edited ]

QTP/UFT does not have support for such utility or its frameworks, just SAP applications (either web or GUI). 

This is what QTP/UFT support for SAP add-in

SAP.jpg

Best Regards.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: <http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test >
You can create an account with your HP credentials.

Occasional Advisor
Gandalf2009
Message 3 of 6 (7,258 Views)

I guess the Question is more about -

is it possible to install TAO on a System where UFT 11.52 is already installed.

TAO needs the QTP Engine..... and if you install TAO you will get an error message which ask you

Where to hell is this damed QTP Engine  ;-)

so i also would like to ASK --- Is it possible to work with TAO - with a UFT installation - or how is the solution to fix the installation?!

THX

Gandalf

Occasional Visitor
Lowen17
Message 4 of 6 (1,288 Views)

Hi HP UFT experts,

Have someone used UFT 11.50 with SAPTAO 3.0.2.2? If yes, what patches where you installed? The issue with UFT is I cannot open or run properly any single business components created by SAPTAO. Also, I cannot run the components or test in HP ALM 11.52 test lab.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Lowen

Occasional Visitor
Jnajerac
Message 5 of 6 (285 Views)

Hi Lowen,

Has your issue been solved? if so how?

We have a similar issue with UFT 11.53 and the same version of SAP TAO (3.0.2.2) and ALM 11.52

a Workaround is to open the BP Component (consolidated) in UFT and save it again (do a small change so you can save it). then it can run from ALM.

Thanks,

Jorge

Frequent Advisor
emmad
Message 6 of 6 (174 Views)

Did you find a way around this.  Did wonder if reconsolidating your business components would work?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.