Re: UFT 12 Chrome 35 - 12.0.511.0 (594 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Shanep2300
Message 1 of 5 (653 Views)

UFT 12 Chrome 35 - 12.0.511.0

I know it's not officially supported but it does identify objects just fine, except for one thing.

It cannot see Chrome's popup windows. I can only use Chrome 30 until the problem is fixed.

Is anyone else having the same problem or know of a workaround?

Respected Contributor
Ruddy10
Message 2 of 5 (618 Views)

Re: UFT 12 Chrome 35 - 12.0.511.0

Hi Shanep,

Hope you are doing well.

Try installing manualy  the Web-Addin Agent for Chrome following the below steps or go to the official document below:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00990319

1. Locate the Agent.crx to install.

Note
    If installing default version offered by presently installed QuickTest Professional (QTP) / Unified Functional Testing (UFT), search under <QTP/UFT>\bin\Chrome

For Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\Chrome 

2. Create a copy of the Agent.crx file you see in the above folder and rename the copied file extension to Agent.zip (Keep the copied file in the same folder as the Agent.crx file) 

3. Extract Agent.zip to a folder called "Agent". Note: If any error while extracting, use 3rd party agents such as 7zip, WinRar or WinZip

4. Verify that the above steps ran correctly 

1. Your <UFT_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>\bin\Chrome folder should now look like:
      image text 

2. The folder <UFT_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>\bin\Chrome\Agent should include the following file/directory:
      1. Agent [Directory]
      2. Manifest.json 

5. Start Chrome
  6. Access the Extensions listing:
    1. Navigate to the URL: chrome://extensions

Or...

2. Go to Chrome menu (ALT+F) > Tools > Extensions 
  7. (Important) If there is already a present QuickTest Professional (QTP) / Unified Functional Testing (UFT) Agent extension remove it
    image text

8. Restart Chrome
  9. Ensure Agent is not listed under "Extensions"
  10. Enable Developer Mode by checking the “Developer Mode” option in the Extensions page
    image text 

11. Click on the “Load unpacked extension” button.
    image text 

12. In the “Browse For Folder” dialog, select the folder <UFT_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>\bin\Chrome\Agent (same folder that was created in Step 3)
    image text  

13. Confirm the new extension by clicking the “Add” button in the “Confirm New Extension” dialog
    image text

14. You should now see the Unified Functional Testing Agent extension in the Chrome Extensions list
    image text

15. Restart Chrome (This step is very important!)

Note: If you encounter any popup (either related to the extension or Developer Mode) after starting Chrome, make sure you click on Cancel (or you can simply ignore it). Do NOT click on Disable

Please mark this answer as accepted solution or correct answer if this answered your question.

Best regards,

Ruddy Alvarez Hernandez.
HP Support.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
Occasional Contributor
Shanep2300
Message 3 of 5 (599 Views)

Followed those instructions and it still installed .511 but in the documents it showed that it updated to .911. I don't know if that makes any difference but it could still not find dialog popups.

Respected Contributor
Ruddy10
Message 4 of 5 (594 Views)

Hi Shanep,

Hope you are doing well.

If this does not solved the issue is because as you may see in the below document this is a known issue but our team has 2 Enhancement Request to fix this and also some workarounds that may work to recognize PopUp dialogs in Chrome Browser:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00494510

This is a known issue already reported and it is under investigation through the following Enhancement Request (ER).

Currently, in order to click in the dialog poup in Chrome User needs to use the below workaorunds:

1.    SendKeys - To press the OK button always selected by default in the Pop-up

wait 2
Set obj = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") ' Creates object we can use to call SendKeys

obj.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
Set obj = Nothing ' destroys object (no longer needed once typing is done)

2.    Recording on the dialog with no add-ins
a.    Load QTP with no add-ins
b.    record the click operation
c.    Load QTP with web add-in
d.    Set the relative coordinates for the buttons in the dialog box to press:

Window("Browser").Window("mywindow").click 290,83

Note: Ensure that both windows has the require object properties to be identify in chrome (change between chrome and IE).

3.    Low Level Recording.

4.    Insight Feature (Image based testing) – Only for UFT 11.50

Ruddy Alvarez Hernandez.
HP Support.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
Occasional Contributor
Shanep2300
Message 5 of 5 (588 Views)

Thank you very much for your help. It works as intended to remove the popup, but now the problem is that I can't verify the text in the alert or I won't be able to check if the popup exists.

I'll play around some more with it see if I can find another work around and if I can I'll post it here. I really hope they fix this as it's a pretty big part of my automation process, checking for those errors.

Until then, I'll stick to Chrome 30.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.