UFT 11.52 PDF Content Check with Chrome (473 Views)
Occasional Contributor
bapcap
Message 1 of 4 (473 Views)

UFT 11.52 PDF Content Check with Chrome

We've recorded a HTML 5 script using Firefox that replays fine in Firefox. The use case requires us to replay this script in Chrome as the application is only supported on Chrome. We recorded this in Firefox because Chrome recording is not supported.

The issue is that there is a PDF content check happening in this script. This only works in Firefox replay but fails in Chrome replay.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this or any ideas/suggestions on how we could fix this?

Thanks,

Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 2 of 4 (452 Views)

Re: UFT 11.52 PDF Content Check with Chrome

As I know PDF checkpoint itself has no relationship with the browser unless your checkpoint need to get value from web element.

Let me know what do you mean by "fails". Different values or return error.
Occasional Contributor
bapcap
Message 3 of 4 (418 Views)

It errors out on...

Browser ( "Browser" ) .Page ( "servlet.FileDownload" ) .WebElement ( "xyz" ) .Check CheckPoint ( "value" )

In Chrome we get the WebElement object not recognized error. But the same script works fine in Firefox.

Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]

Alright,so if the error is about this object" Browser ( "Browser" ) .Page ( "servlet.FileDownload" ) .WebElement ( "xyz" ) ."

not recognized, then looks like we don't need to talk about file content checkpoint. 

Your script fails on Chrome just because Chrome cannot recognized you PDF object.

Am I right about the above part?

And the WebElement("xyz") is your pdf document?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.