Re: UFT 11.50 trial version Installation Issue on windows 2008 R2 server. (583 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Kuppampattu
Message 1 of 3 (603 Views)
Accepted Solution

UFT 11.50 trial version Installation Issue on windows 2008 R2 server.

Hi ,

I am trying to install the UFT 11.50 trial version on a Windows 2008 R2 server(VM's) . But I am not able to run it in the trail mode at all. When I launch the HP Unified Functional Testing app it asks for a concurrent license server. During installation I never got the screen for selection of license type either. My question is can we install a trial version of UFT 11.50 on a Windows 2008 machine? If yes then how? How I can change the setting for the UFT to work in trail mode? Note I have been able to install this on a Windows 7 machine successfully and run UFT in trial mode(I didn’t run the License installation wizard there as per one post I read at internet later). However same steps doesn’t work on Windows 2008. I am now thinking may be this is a server machine that is why I can’t run trial version

Thanks

Kuppampattu

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 2 of 3 (583 Views)

Re: UFT 11.50 trial version Installation Issue on windows 2008 R2 server.

Hello,

The problem is that seat license is not supported on windows server environments.

That is the reason that on windows 7 it works and on windows server 2008 it keeps you asking for a concurrent key. 

Best Regards

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test
You can create an account with your HP credentials

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 3 of 3 (562 Views)

Re: UFT 11.50 trial version Installation Issue on windows 2008 R2 server.

^ Agree, Trial licenses are 'Seat' type by default. Seat licenses are not supported on Server level OS.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.