Trial Version for QTP Add-ins (1118 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Vinod_Nag
Message 1 of 8 (1,118 Views)

Trial Version for QTP Add-ins

Hi ,

I am going to start a POC for an application , It is a Java application and i am unable to identify objects without Java add-ins , I am currently using QTP11 for my POC.

Can i get a trial version of Java add-ins before i go for licenced version to make sure QTP identifies java objects on my application.

Thanks,

Vinod N

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 2 of 8 (1,075 Views)

Re: Trial Version for QTP Add-ins

[ Edited ]

Hi Vinod,

Do you have already a license for QTP11 or are you using the trial key?

If you are still using a trial key then you can contact a sales representative from HP and ask him for a trial license for Java add-in.

If you have a permanent key(s) you just need to copy the license string you have and paste it on license validation utility(start>all programs>Quick test professional>Tools>License validation utility)

After that click on validate and check if the feature says FT-addin or unified functional testing.

If you have one of those features then you have a valid license for Java.

Best Regards.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: <http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test >
You can create an account with your HP credentials.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 3 of 8 (1,063 Views)

Hi Vinod ,

Looks you already have installed QTP 11 and trying to work it. May be you are using an trial version.

Trial version gives you all add-ins as well. You might not have installed Java add-in.

Rerun the setup file , select 'Modify' and proceed. You get a add-in screen. Select the 'small dropdown' kind of things next to Java in the tree and select the option  to install on local hard drive. Then proceed with usual installation.

This will give you Java add-in for trial. The trial period is same for all add-ins.

Let me know if this helps or if you are looking for something else.

Regards,

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Vinod_Nag
Message 4 of 8 (1,041 Views)

Thanks vzamoraz ,
I have checked my license using License validation utility , Below are the licence details

Feature Name:HpFunctionalTesting

I think i not having FT-addin or UFT licence and hence i am unbale to procure java add-ins , Since my license active date was way back in 2002.

Question - What is required for me to have the updated license (UFT?) , Will it cost for me to upgrade the licence ? Requesting your help to get this information
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Vinod_Nag
Message 5 of 8 (1,040 Views)

DDM_Automation ,

I tried this option , even then my java add ins are showing as "Not Licensed" , The problem is i have an older licence version
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 6 of 8 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]

I see, in this case you will need to talk with the an HP sales representativ and expose the case and that you would like a trial Java license key.

Install it (important you should use a seat license since truial keys are seat. or ask the sales representative if they can create a trial concurrent license for Java add-in) 

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: <http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test >
You can create an account with your HP credentials.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
vanithaRaman
Message 7 of 8 (828 Views)

Hi
I need to learn Qtp iam not able to get trial version pls help me
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 8 of 8 (824 Views)

HI Vanitha ,

Below is the Trial link of UFT 11.5 :

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1172957#.Uud2BPm6bPY

Please download the same and install it. 

Regards,

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/News/Support-Customer-Forums-now-available/m-p/5610181/message-uid/5610...

HP support Engineers will be available to answer queries.

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation