Test Settings - Parameters Tab not available in UFT (703 Views)
ck9
Occasional Visitor
ck9
Message 1 of 7 (703 Views)

Test Settings - Parameters Tab not available in UFT

In UFT - 11.52 Under Test Settings - Parameters Tab is not available. How to create Test parameters

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 2 of 7 (685 Views)

Re: Test Settings - Parameters Tab not available in UFT

[ Edited ]

Parameters is belong to Action. Go to your aciton properties,  you will find the parameters option. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If my post helps to resolve your issue or query, please accept this as solution and give KUDOS on this page.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
HaiTNguyen
Message 3 of 7 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]

In UFT, the layout changed a lot, you just need time to get used to it :)

To create a test parameter, go to Properties Pane on the right, and click on Parameters button (second button from the left), then you will be able to create Test Parameter.

@Jeffery_QA: parameter is available for both Test level and Action level.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Murali0008
Message 4 of 7 (623 Views)

Hi,

So you mean that both the Test Parameter and Action Parameter are same in UFT 11.52
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 5 of 7 (608 Views)

Hi Murali

Same location to create them in the Framework but different owner.

This Post have the details of the difference creating parameters between QTP and UFT

QTP/UFT support tip: How to pass parameters from Test level to Action level in QTP and UFT

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test

You can create an account with your HP credentials

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Babji
Message 6 of 7 (457 Views)

ck9 wrote:

In UFT - 11.52 Under Test Settings - Parameters Tab is not available. How to create Test parameters

Hi,

Select GUI Test flow and select Start or End. Go to View and select Properties pane.

you will find a tab at right side, There you'll find Parameters tab also. create your desired parameters (They're your Test parameters)

Select any Action below and create parameters (They're your Action parameters)

please let me know, if you need any further help. baba.fakru@gmail.com

www.qtptesters.blogspot.com

regards,

Baba

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Prasanna414
Message 7 of 7 (131 Views)

[ Edited ]

Note: parameters tab is not available in UFT which was available in QTP. 

For your kind information Test parameters and Action parameters both are not one and the same but they are different. You can set both Test parameters and action parameters  in UFT.

Test parameters

To configure Test parameter:

Go to view>select> solution Explorer> solution explorer window appears on the left hand side, there you can see the tree structure of Test and actions

Select the required Test and right click on the Testname> select Properties> at the right side of the UFT window you can see properties window, there you can configure Test parameters.

Ex: select GUItest1> set the input parameter   T and its default value is "This is test parameter"

To configure Action Parameter:

Instead of selecting the Test name, Select the required action and right click on the action> select the properties> it opens the properties window at the right side, there you can configure the Action parameters.

Even though both properties window looks similar and appearing at the same position, both are different. You can observe the difference that properties window related to Test contained only 2 tabs such as general properties(hand symbol), parameters whereas properties window related to action contained 3 tabs such as genral properties, parameters and used by.

For ex: select Action1>set the input parameter A1 and its default value is "This is action1's input parameter"

Ex: Select Action2>set the input parameter A2 and its default value is "This is action2's input parameter"

In Action 1 write the below code

msgbox  parameter("A")           'accessing the action's input parameter value
msgbox  Testargs("T")              'aceesing the test's input parameter value

In Action 2 write the below code

msgbox parameter("L")           'accessing the action's input parameter value
msgbox Testargs("T")               'aceesing the test's input parameter value

observe the output now.

I hope I have cleared your doubts.

Prasanna kumar from India->karnataka->shimoga

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation