Task scheduled UFT test execution fails on RDP (remote desktop) due to insufficient resolution (171 Views)
l_k
Collector
l_k
Message 1 of 1 (171 Views)

Task scheduled UFT test execution fails on RDP (remote desktop) due to insufficient resolution

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I work with UFT for many years and with recent UFT's feature "Continue UFT run session after closing RDP connection" under Options, it seems I am very close to every GUI test automation expert's / engineer's dream: to be able to run test automation cases / suites independently regularly (e.g.: during the night).

Our test automation is placed on our dedicated test automation server. I have well working framework and even external custom-made application (developed in C#) which allows to set list of test cases to be executed (in a loop) and to schedule them to be executed in specific time in specific days in a week.

So everything seems to be ok and in fact the whole solution normally works like a charm. If I execute whole test suite manually or even when it executes itself, everything works well and without a problem.

The only critical issue is following. As soon as I close RDP connection, UFT's mentioned new feature (Continue UFT run session after closing RDP connection) is triggerred. This is great since it really works and test automation scripts in fact really continues and works..... until... well .... until it fails. The reason of this failure is, that manually closed RDP connection is "re-opened" by UFT and script thus can continue, BUT, it seems that this new RDP session is opened in quite small resolution. Not sure how big, but last taken snapshot when error due to small resolution occurred was 804 x 562 px big.

So my question is, how to keep original resolution, or even better, how to set (maybe default) resolution to be used when RDP session is closed? What I am still not sure about is whether this new resolution - which exists after RDP session is manually closed is defined by some RDP settings somewhere, or it is defined by UFT, which creates own session.

Anyway... thank you very much for any answer / reaction :-)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.