Re: Siebel 8.1 with QTP 10 (1028 Views)
Occasional Contributor
siebelandqtp
Message 1 of 4 (1,139 Views)

Siebel 8.1 with QTP 10

Hi ,

We are planning to migrate t Siebel 8.1 . Currently we are using QTP 10.0 . Do we need to change our QTP version also to QTP 11.0 . How is the compatibility of QTP 10.0 with Siebel 8.1 . Also please let me know about performance of QTP 11.0 with Siebel 8.1.

Regards,

Omkar

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 2 of 4 (1,123 Views)

Re: Siebel 8.1 with QTP 10

Hi Omkar ,

As per my knowledge , QTP 10 doesn't support Siebel 8.1.

QTP 11 supports Siebel 8.1.1 High Interactivity apps. No patch is required.

Thanks,

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
NamanB
Message 3 of 4 (1,028 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to work on Siebel 8.0 (High-interactivity FW) with QTP 11 but QTP is not able to identify Siebel objects. Instead it identifies them as Web objects.

Please provide any possible cause and solution.

Thanks.

Regards,

Naman

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
aros
Message 4 of 4 (1,018 Views)

Hi,

Confirm the Siebel Test Automation Process is running on your machine:

1. With QTP closed, open the task manager
  2. Search for the process: Siebel Test Automation.exe 

If you don’t find the process: “SiebelAx_Test_Automation” in your QTP machine task manager this should be the reason of the recognizing fail, since according to the Siebel Add-in documentation,  QTP support Siebel based on the Siebel Test Automation API, so you need to have this process running in your machine.

If it´s not running, you need to modify the Siebel Test Automation module configuration in your Siebel Server side since that module is not part from QuickTest Professional and it ´s not supported by HP Software Support.

The SiebelAx_Test_Automation is not lunched by QTP, is completely handled by the Siebel Server and QTP only uses it to connect with the Siebel CASAPI.

So you should contact your Siebel Administrator and set your Siebel Server to enabled the SiebelAx_Test_Automation.

I have found the following documentation about, but the settings are different depending of the Siebel version you are using, so if it´s not helpful I recommend you to contact Siebel and ask about how to enabled the Siebel Test Automation module for your Siebel Version.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM187732 (How to verify that the Siebel Test Automation module is installed)

• Server Side Configuration:

A) Add/Change the .CFG file for the Siebel AUT. Add the following to the [SWE] section

[SWE]
       EnableAutomation = TRUE
       AllowAnonUsers = TRUE
       AutoToken = <SecretWord>

B) Restart the Siebel Server

C) (optional) Add Automation Token
  • Then launch QuickTest Professional with the Siebel add-in and record against the Siebel 7.7.0 – 7.9.x application.
  • Bring up the Task Manager and look for the following procees: “SiebelAx_Test_Automation”.

Please mark as solved if you found the feedback helpful.

Best regards,

Aileen

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation