Re: Running QTP 10 scripts on QTP11 (1084 Views)
Contributor
looe
Message 1 of 4 (1,112 Views)
Accepted Solution

Running QTP 10 scripts on QTP11

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I need to migrate 100+ QTP10 scripts to QTP11.

Is there a migration tool readily available or i can directly run my QTP10 scripts on QTP11 without resaving.

Thanks

P.S.This thread has been moved from Quality Center Support and News Forum to Functional Testing/QTP Support Forum-- HP Forums Moderator

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 4 (1,097 Views)

Re: Running QTP 10 scripts on QTP11

First, you will have more luck getting answers to QTP specific questions if you post them in the QTP specific forum.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test

I'm pretty sure that you are going to have to resave your QTP 10 scripts from QTP 11 before you can run them. I don't know if there is a migration tool.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 3 of 4 (1,086 Views)

Hi Looe ,

If QTP 10 scripts are stored in QC , then you can use Asset upgrade tool to upgrade all QTP tests to QTP 11.

If you do not use QC , the  you have to open indivially and resave. Basically , as soon as you open a older version QTP script with QTP 11 , it will give a popup box saying you need to convert the script to QTP 11.

Once converted , it can't be made undone. Later you can save.

So it depends on whether you have QC now or not for using the tool.

Regards,

Darshan

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Contributor
looe
Message 4 of 4 (1,084 Views)

Great, thanks all for your replies :)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.