Re: Running QTP 10 scripts on QTP11 (969 Views)
Contributor
looe
Message 1 of 4 (997 Views)
Accepted Solution

Running QTP 10 scripts on QTP11

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I need to migrate 100+ QTP10 scripts to QTP11.

Is there a migration tool readily available or i can directly run my QTP10 scripts on QTP11 without resaving.

Thanks

P.S.This thread has been moved from Quality Center Support and News Forum to Functional Testing/QTP Support Forum-- HP Forums Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 4 (982 Views)

Re: Running QTP 10 scripts on QTP11

First, you will have more luck getting answers to QTP specific questions if you post them in the QTP specific forum.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test

I'm pretty sure that you are going to have to resave your QTP 10 scripts from QTP 11 before you can run them. I don't know if there is a migration tool.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 3 of 4 (971 Views)

Hi Looe ,

If QTP 10 scripts are stored in QC , then you can use Asset upgrade tool to upgrade all QTP tests to QTP 11.

If you do not use QC , the  you have to open indivially and resave. Basically , as soon as you open a older version QTP script with QTP 11 , it will give a popup box saying you need to convert the script to QTP 11.

Once converted , it can't be made undone. Later you can save.

So it depends on whether you have QC now or not for using the tool.

Regards,

Darshan

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Please use plain text.
Contributor
looe
Message 4 of 4 (969 Views)

Great, thanks all for your replies :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation