Re: Results Viewer stays minimized! (1361 Views)
Super Advisor
csm2mk
Message 1 of 9 (1,620 Views)

Results Viewer stays minimized!

Hi,

In a machine I have UFT 11.51 with Results Viewer 11.51 and when I run the Results Viewer it stays minimized i.e I cannot view the results.

I use Windows 7 and have change the theme to XP just to try out if it is a graphical glitch...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mateo

Occasional Advisor
LuisHP
Message 2 of 9 (1,532 Views)

Re: Results Viewer stays minimized!

- If you are using RDP, check connecting to the machine directly without using remote desktop.
- If you are using dual monitor, try switching to display one monitor only (main monitor).
Luis Solano
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Advisor
Ivan Trampedach
Message 3 of 9 (1,528 Views)

You could try to hide it to see if that help.
in Tools, Options, Run sessions, Unselect 'View results when run sessions end'
After a run, you can then see the log, using the log icon inside UFT

Regards
Ivan S Trampedach
Using UFT 11.52 and ALM 11.0
Occasional Visitor
Sra1
Message 4 of 9 (1,522 Views)

Even we faced similar issues on our VMs after installing UFT 11.50. The Run Results Viewer stays minimized and never gets opened.

However, we found a workaround to this issue-

1) Uninstall all the UFT/QTP related apps

2) Install the previous version of Run Results Viewer

3) Now, install UFT 11.50. Do not install Run Results Viewer 11.50

4) After UFT is installed, click on the Run Results Viewer.

5) It should automatically get upgraded to 11.50

Now the viewer should work fine.

Super Advisor
csm2mk
Message 5 of 9 (1,516 Views)

Thanks to all guys.

Let me try it and I will let you know.

For now the uninstalling is not a good option as the work has to be done and delivered and the installation, uninstallation process takes a lot of time ;)

Thanks again.

Super Advisor
csm2mk
Message 6 of 9 (1,477 Views)

It seems that even the complete uninstalling of everything, still comes up with no result!

I will perform uninstall again and this time dig in deep in the registry too...

weird!

TheMadHatter
Message 7 of 9 (1,365 Views)

Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm RDP into a physical machine which only has one monitor, but the RRV is stuck minimized. The RRV I am using is the one HP updater patched me to -- I believe 11.52.
TheMadHatter
Message 8 of 9 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]

I did a couple of things and it eventually worked. Not sure of the exact steps which fixed it.

Win7. Right click the RRV on the task bar. You'll see Close/Pin this program/Run Results Viewer. Right click on Run Results Viewer and then click on Properties. Set it to open Maximized.

I could get the Open Run Results window to appear. I opened the results of another test.

I then set the RRV to open in a normal window. Somewhere along the way it finally caused it to open up correctly. Good luck.

This was with RRV version 11.52 build 467.

Occasional Visitor
JNamita
Message 9 of 9 (1,022 Views)

Even I am facing the same issue, followed the steps given but cudn't find where to set it to "open Maximized."

Right click the RRV on the task bar. You'll see Close/Pin this program/Run Results Viewer. Right click on Run Results Viewer and then click on Properties. Set it to open Maximized.then i opened some other result through open result window but still if i next time open it same thing I need to do again.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.