Repository cannot highlight objects after updating test to v11 from v9.5 (175 Views)
Occasional Contributor
CrazyCabo
Message 1 of 1 (175 Views)

Repository cannot highlight objects after updating test to v11 from v9.5

I just switched from QTP v9.5 to v11. My repository contains hundreds of .Net objects and the .Net Add-On is loaded when running the application. I checked several of the objects to see if they would be recognized in the new version.

If I click "Locate in Repository" and click items in the application, QTP successfully recognizes them by object name. In contrast, if I select "Highlight in Application" for the same object QTP fails to highlight it.

I ran my test a few times and QTP v11 recognizes nothing from my repository. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. The repository also cannot highlight objects I add to it from within v11 which also doesn't make any sense to me.

###

Is there a step I'm missing after QTP asked me to update the files after importing from the earlier version?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.