Re: Reading PDF Files WITHOUT Adobe Acrobat PRO version and clipboard (375 Views)
Occasional Advisor
BhuvaneshMani
Message 1 of 4 (419 Views)

Reading PDF Files WITHOUT Adobe Acrobat PRO version and clipboard

Hello all,

I need to read the contents of PDF for validation purpose, without the Adobe Acrobat Pro version. Guess, working with pdf is very easy with AcroExch object. But how to use this object without pro version?

Do you have any idea in how to use Acrobat SDK in qtp? If so, please provide steps for the same. My intend is to read all pages of pdf files.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Ryoganat1
Message 2 of 4 (401 Views)

Re: Reading PDF Files WITHOUT Adobe Acrobat PRO version and clipboard

Hope this PDF helps you. All the credit goes to the author. :)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
BhuvaneshMani
Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

Ryogant,

Thanks for the pointer, however, i have read this pdf already, an excerpt from the pdf states that,

Important!!
The Microsoft Windows version of Acrobat is an OLE Automation server. In order to use the
OLE objects made available by Acrobat, you must have the full Acrobat product installed on
your system!!

Out of the below two suggested ways, does any one works without Acrobat? Please clarify. I have downloaded SDK kit, but still dont know how to integrate the SDK with QTP.

On The Microsoft Windows operating system, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader export
PDF content as COM objects. applications can interface with Acrobat or Adobe Reader in two
Ways :
1. Through Microsoft's Active Accessibility(MSAA) interface, usingMSAA objects that Acrobat or Adobe Reader exorts.
2. Directly through exported COM objects that allow access to the PDF document's internal structure, called the Document  Object Model(DOM).

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
BhuvaneshMani
Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)

Hi,

Can anyone please help me? :(

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation