Re: QTP10 - Issue with identification of certificate selection window in IE 8 (453 Views)
Advisor
MohanMD
Message 1 of 6 (553 Views)

QTP10 - Issue with identification of certificate selection window in IE 8

Hi

I am using QTP10 with IE8. I have a scenario to select a particular certificate from the certificate selection pop-up depending on the scenarios.

QTP is not able to identify the object which contains the list of certifiacte.When I spy the object it says WinObject. I am not able to identify the individual certificates listed in this object.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue please?

Thanks,

Mohan

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

Re: QTP10 - Issue with identification of certificate selection window in IE 8

Did you try low level recording?

Also new version of QTP which is UFT has a good feature called Analog recording that could help in this scenario.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test
You can create an account with your HP credentials

Advisor
MohanMD
Message 3 of 6 (492 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am getting this line during low level recording.

Browser("Browser").Dialog("Windows Security").WinObject("DirectUIHWND").Click 148,367

The text in the object is not always in the same order which makes it difficult to use harcoded co-ordinates.

There is a function associated with this object (as seen through object spy window) called 'GetTextLocation' but whenever I tried to use this system crashes.

Is there a way to read text with in this object and click on it?

Thanks,

Mohan

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 4 of 6 (487 Views)

Hello Mohan,

Could you please attach a screenshot of the object in the repository (in order to see the recognition properties it has).

Regards.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Advisor
MohanMD
Message 5 of 6 (463 Views)

Hi Vzamoraz

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please find attached the screenshots of object spy screen with all the prpoerties of the object.

Thanks,

Mohan

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 6 of 6 (453 Views)

Hello Mohand,

Thank you very much for the images.

There is a way to use getvisibletext  apart of the control methods, however if you are using Windows vista, 7 or 8 this feature will be limitted in recognition.

The option to use is Textutil and it provides 2 methods, gettextlocation and gettext

Example:

TextUtil.GetText(hWnd, [Left, Top, Right, Bottom])

TextUtil.GetTextLocation(TextToFind, hWnd, Left, Top, Right, Bottom[, MatchWholeWordOnly])

TextToFind:                    The text string you want to locate.
     hWnd:                             The handle to a run-time object's window.

Left, Top, Right, Bottom: These arguments define the search area within the window or screen. Set all coordinates to -1 to search for the text string within the entire window or screen. The method returns the coordinates of the rectangle containing the first instance of the text into these variables if the text is found.
     MatchWholeWordOnly:   Optional. If True, the method searches for occurrences that are whole words only and not part of a larger word. If False, the method does not restrict the results to occurrences that are whole words only.

Default value = True

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.