Re: QTP with Firefox: By default QTP identifies all Sub-Windows as Dialog (173 Views)
Visitor
mihir_pandya
Message 1 of 4 (225 Views)

QTP with Firefox: By default QTP identifies all Sub-Windows as Dialog

Hi,

QTP 11.0

Firefox 17.0.4

I am automating an application in firefox with QTP.

I have a sceanrio, where in, I click on a link in a Page which opens a sub-window (identified as Dialog by QTP). I have multiple objects under the window ex. WebList, WebEdit, WebButton etc. and I need to interact with them. (But QTP doesn't recognise anything under Dialog :( ).

I have tried using:

Browser(...).Page(...).Dialog(...).Type micTab+micReturn

But it is not an optimal solution.

Can I get any help on this?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

Re: QTP with Firefox: By default QTP identifies all Sub-Windows as Dialog

Do you have the necessary QTP patch loaded so that QTP 11.0 can work with Firefox 17 - patch QTPWEB_00122?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Visitor
mihir_pandya
Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

I have installed all the necessary  QTP Patches (QTPWEB_00090,QTPWEB_00092,QTPWEB_00122) and i am able to identify the objects in the Firefox but i am unable to identify the sub windows in that page.It was identified as 'Dialog' in the QTP and  I have multiple objects under the window ex. WebList, WebEdit, WebButton etc. and I need to interact with them.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 4 of 4 (173 Views)

Hi,

Please check following limitation and suggested workarounds in readme of patch QTPWEB_00090:

* All Firefox versions: Steps on WebElements in a dialog box (such as Browser("").Dialog("").Page("").WebElement)
   do not work.
 Workaround:
 --All Firefox versions: If the Browser("").Dialog("") part of the step is recognized, you can use a recovery
      scenario to handle the step or Browser("").Dialog("").Type to handle the step.
 --Firefox versions 4 and later: Try using the 'HandleDialog' or 'GetDialogText' methods..

Please find more information in QTPWEB_00090 readme.

And, also check following suggestion: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1J23286

And this ER as well: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1J23250

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation