Re: QTP is unable to identify objects in the browser (608 Views)
Wayne Hirata
Message 26 of 33 (783 Views)

Re: QTP is unable to identify objects in the browser

For QTP 11 install patch QTPWeb_00124.

For QTP 11.5, update 2 registry settings: 
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\Packages\WebPackage\Settings] set "IgnoreSpecialBlankPage" entry value to 1.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\Packages\WebPackage\Settings] set "IgnoreSpecialBlankPage" entry value to 1.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Message 27 of 33 (608 Views)

Hi

I am using QTP 11 will all the patches and IE8. Have the same issue.

Sometime the run passes and sometimes it fail to recongnize the object. Tried to clear Cache, Cookies etc but still its not running consistently.

I am sure its a minor setting somewhere. I would appreciate if anybody can help.

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
GeorgeCC
Message 28 of 33 (598 Views)

The critical part is this: Does it never recognize an object, or does it recognize it sometimes and not others? If you run the same test with the same data five times, for example, does it pass three times and fail twice, for instance.

A subpart of that second scenario is will it run fine from UFT/QTP but then fail sometimes when the test is kicked off from QC.

If it never recognized the object, then look at the response above. 

But if it is a "sometimes" problem, welcome to the club.

The problem seems to be the page not being ready in ways that "sync" doesn't know about. I have had to put in loops at critical points where I check to see if a particular object exists or is visible or whatever, and then move ahead when it is. Sometimes what I am checking is the object I want to use, other times -- like after a "click" -- I am testing to see if the result of the click succeeded, then looping back and clicking again until it works.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sathishu
Message 29 of 33 (531 Views)

Hi All,

I am using QTP11, I faced a new kind of issue as, When i spy wed edit in IE7-> It spy's correct. But when I spy the same web edit using IE8-> The properties all changed. It doesnt consider as web edit and takes as win object.

Can any one pls help me out here.

Thanks,

Sathish U

sathish.k.udhayakumar@gmail.com

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Atul_N
Message 30 of 33 (493 Views)

Hi,

I am also facing a issue in which While Running the PEGA application QTP11 is unable to indentify the object in WINDOWS 7 mahcine at client side, but using Object SPY i m able to see the OBJECT CLASS name and all details.

IE 8

While the same is working in XP and one of my LAptop.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Atul_N
Message 31 of 33 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am also facing a issue in which While Running the PEGA(DELPHI) application QTP11 is unable to indentify the object in WINDOWS 7 machine at client side, but using Object SPY i m able to see the OBJECT CLASS name and all details.

THIS APPLICATION is a WINDOWS BASED

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Aditya_Naik
Message 32 of 33 (172 Views)

Hello,

I am facing the same issue as on PEGA application with QTP11, at times objects are not recongnized by QTP.

I called up HP support to get the QTPWEB_00124 patch downloaded.

But they say that its not available.

Could you please share the link from where you got this patch?

Thanks

Aditya

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
Sandeep_M_007
Message 33 of 33 (43 Views)

Hi Prasad,

People face problems of Object identification many times. Here are the solutions to overcome it.

1. Check the version of QTP you are using. Then check the versions of IE that supports.

In case if any patch available, download that and get it installed with QTP.

2. Open QTP 1st before opening the Browser.

3. If its happenning in runtime, you can use waitproperty or sync so that the page loads completely and then move to the next operations.

For more info, you can view the blog www.qtphelp.com. You can post any questions also. We would be happy to solve your issues.

Thanks,

Sandeep

http://www.indiumsoft.com/core-qa-offerings/test-automation

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation