08-18-2011 07:10 AM
I am working with QTP in the same desktop for past one year.
System configuration: Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Disk
S/W Configuration: QTP 10, Windows XP, IE 8
Recently, we installed Load Runner 9.5 in the same machine after which, QTP expressed some odd behavior. Then after repairing, QTP was functioning well, until we installed a Load Runner patch file (LR_03019.EXE) for IE 8 issues. Later point, QTP sporadically recognize the web objects. Knowing this, we again did a QTP repair which ended in vain. So we uninstalled both Load runner & QTP and reinstalled QTP in the same machine (Note: Machine restart was done after each installation).
Now QTP reads web objects only as win objects. I read almost all forum threads and did possible actions.
- Application is opened only after QTP
- Only appropriate add-ins are selected (Web, ActiveX, .Net)
- Checked Task manager to ensure Iexplore.exe process is there ( and not explore.exe)
- Tried ‘CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")’
- Changed few registry values (mentioned in HP Forums)
- Installed QTP path for IE8 (QTP_00626.EXE)
- Accessing machine/QTP/IE as administrator
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-19-2011 08:25 AM
The issue is resolved now. See below the steps suggested by HP helpdesk.
"it looks like your QTP lost the web recognition after installing load runner patch, in this case please be advised that QTP and LR has compatibility issues when they are installed in the same machine since they shared several registry entries and DLLs, therefore is not recommended to have both products in the same machine, however if you don’t have any other option, then there’s a workaround that you can use in order to have both in the same machine but knowing that this is not supported.
The workaround is to install LR and all its patches first, then install QTP; since you already have both installed and not in the correct order, then you will need to do a clean uninstall of both tools, is not enough just to uninstall the product from add or remove programs, therefore, please follow these steps:
- Clean uninstall of LR following the attached document.
- Clean uninstall of QTP following the instructions on the KB article at the link below.
How to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of QuickTest Professional
- If you are going to have both products, then install LR first, then QTP.
Note: If install a LR patch after both products are installed, you could start experience issues again."
08-19-2011 08:28 AM
After doing the above, I got another issue with identifying the Pop - Up windows. My bad, I didnt do some registry changes for this.
- Try registering your application, with QTP and the application close, go to Start>All programs>QuickTest Professional>Tools>Register New browser control, find your application’s executable and register it, after that try to check the recognition again and see if works. 2.
If that doesn’t work, then try the following KB article:
Web Dialog Window is not properly recognized by QTP in IE 8
3. If still not working, then I would recommend the following workaround:
Modal window is not properly recognized by QTP when using descriptive programming. Web Dialog Window is not properly recognized by QTP in IE 8
Modal window is not properly recognized by QTP when using descriptive programming.
Solution 2 help me to overcome and now everything is good! :)