Re: QTP - Why Cannt I download patches if I have trial version? Shall I evaluate Selenium instead??? (436 Views)
Occasional Visitor
sachin_hcl
Message 1 of 7 (538 Views)

QTP - Why Cannt I download patches if I have trial version? Shall I evaluate Selenium instead????

[ Edited ]

HP is being too stingy ...you cannt even evaluate a product smoothly...

QTP is only loosing popularity since HP buyout

its time you guys redo marketing approach for QTP 

only changing name and restricting iits usage not gonna help...

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Community Feedback & Suggestions to Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support Forum - Hp forum Moderator

Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 2 of 7 (516 Views)

Re: QTP - Why Cannt I download patches if I have trial version? Shall I evaluate Selenium instead???

Not even worth a proper response

This forum is for people who want solutions to problems they are facing with the tools - not a gripe box

Fill yer boots with Selenium

Advisor
Deepak111
Message 3 of 7 (511 Views)

Re: QTP - Why Cannt I download patches if I have trial version? Shall I evaluate Selenium instead???

Looks like the moderator moved the post from Feedback section to here. I don't see anything wrong with the original post as such. He is raising a genuine concern which many feel that ever since HP took over QTP, it is no longer the same.

Regular Advisor
AnkurJain
Message 4 of 7 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, the patches are indeed available direct from HP support without using even using the HP support ID. Just use this format.

Replace <PatchName> with the desired patch.

http://support.openview.hp.com/downloadAPatch.jsp?patchName=<PatchName>&prodName=qtp

For ex to download UFT_0001.EXE ,

http://support.openview.hp.com/downloadAPatch.jsp?patchName=UFT_00001.EXE&prodName=qtp

------------------------------------------------------------
Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor
RMED
Message 5 of 7 (458 Views)

But how on earth are you supposed to know which Patch you need without a proper search facility and a guide to chose the required patches? When I searched the patches, it showed a lot of them but without any detailed description of when the patches are needed. As others have mentioned in this forum, there are many patches which are incompatible with one another too. So, basically that messes things up. There are 1000s of other software that have better patch management than the one offered by HP currently.
Super Advisor
csm2mk
Message 6 of 7 (450 Views)

I do have to say RMED has a point.

Actually when I want to look for a patch I actually search for the forum entry that this has been talked about or announced.

The actual software page of HP is a bit erm... messy.

Thanks.

Regular Advisor
HaiTNguyen
Message 7 of 7 (436 Views)

Yes, there is no easy way. BTW, have you tried HP Software Update? If you have Internet connection, it will automatically check for the latest patch for your QTP and add-ins, and will suggest you to download. I used it a couple of times, not always. I found that using an offline installation is much more easier.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.