12-11-2012 08:36 AM
The page has user information.
There is a button to allow the user to update his/her information.
The button opens a dialog, user enters changes,
There is a SAVE button to save the changes.
I have a script that opens the dialog, makes changes, and saves.
Works fine in Chrome and Firefox.
It appears to work in IE as well, until you notice that the changes don't get saved!
At first I thought it was the SAVE button, but that's not it.
As it turns out, any data typed in with IE as the browser doesn't get saved. But data typed in manually in IE, or with another browser does get saved.
I can even do this:
I put in a break point after three or fields are edited.
When I reach the breakpoint, I manually change one of the previous fields.
I then let the script run to completion.
Only the field I edited manually is updated.
So, it's not the EDIT button and it is not hte SAVE button. It is something to do with the way IE is writing data into the fields.
Oh, and when I check the fields in the repository, they are found in IE.
12-11-2012 09:34 AM
In the past i've seeing depending on how the application behaves, some WebEdit logic provided by QTP isn't well accepted by web applications, to which best to try some alternatives from this online document from knowledge base.
Best suggestion is to try, each option, 1 by 1, checking which helps. Also take into account if it affects the other browser interaction.
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]