Re: QTP OR doesnt display test object properties pane (187 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Priyan
Message 1 of 6 (234 Views)

QTP OR doesnt display test object properties pane

The application i'm working on is web based and addin used is web still my objecty repository doesnt show the object property details in the right pane in name value pair format. doesn't even show the right pane like normally it would be a table. Instead shows blank.

can any one suggest why does this happen????

Thanks,
Priyan

Please use plain text.
Advisor
krAnand
Message 2 of 6 (219 Views)

Re: QTP OR doesnt display test object properties pane

Please provide your environment details i.e., Which version of QTP, version of browser and operating system you are using. 

Also in your web-App is there any additional technology being used like flex , silverlight etc???

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 3 of 6 (211 Views)

Hi Priyan,

In addition, could you please show some screenshot of the problem?

Is it observed with any object from your AUT? What if you try to reproce problem against Google page for exmaple?

Is this observed for all your tests?

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
pavanpy
Message 4 of 6 (199 Views)

If the object properties are visible in the object spy and not in the object repository properties, then multiple objects are matching the properties. To avoid this, you need to use regular expressions or have only the appropriate page(object) open.

+pavan

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 5 of 6 (187 Views)

Hello Priyan,

If the problem is observed for all test objects in OR and on a specific machine only, you could also try the following:

1. Close QTP/UFT;

2. Navigate to registry (type regedit in Start->Run);

3. Rename (or delete) the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional folder. For example, type "_old" after QuickTest Proffesional, i.e. it would look like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional_old

4. Navigate to Start->Run-> %appdata% -> HP and rename (or delete) the QuickTest Professional folder to, for example, QuickTest Professional_old (the new name, as in above item 3, does not really matter, it just has to be different from the default “QuickTest Professional”)

5. Open QTP/UFT and check the problem. Opening QTP/UFT would create new QuickTest Professional folders in above locations (items 3 & 4) with relevant data.

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
BhuvaneshMani
Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)

Above option is not working. Please let me know if there is any workaround, apart from uninstalling and installing it again.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation