QTP 11 unable to record actions done on Customize view of Siebel 8.1.1 (535 Views)
Occasional Contributor
anilqa26
Message 1 of 1 (535 Views)

QTP 11 unable to record actions done on Customize view of Siebel 8.1.1

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

QTP 11.0 is unable to record any actions done on Customize view of Siebel 8.1.1...but QTP works fine on other screens of Siebel 8.1.1.

I am using QTP 11.0 to automate Siebel 8.1.1 application.

- siebel add-in has been added

- Server paramters on cfg file have been modified to enable/download STA

- QTP is recording the the actions done on all the other screens of Siebel.

Scenario:

I have to record a business application where i navigate to Quotes> create a quote> navigate to its line item view> add a new line item> Customize the line item which is actually a product.

Now, when I record the application,  it is able to record the actions being done only upto the action 'clicking on customize button'...but once i click on customize button a view specific to the particular product opens up (it is not a popup, just a view in siebel), and after that whatever action I do on this customize view (for eg: selecting any values from dropdowns, clicking on any tabs on that view, clicking on Done button on that view, etc) is not recorded at all.

Please let me know what should i try in this case and would QTP be able to support it.

Here are the screenshots from Siebel app

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Quality Center Support and News Forum to Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support forum - HP Forums moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.