QTP 11 is unable to recognize/identify prime faces components ,weblist and radio buttons (729 Views)
Advisor
pradeepsingh999
Message 1 of 4 (729 Views)

QTP 11 is unable to recognize/identify prime faces components ,weblist and radio buttons

[ Edited ]

Hi

There is a Select List in my application (basically it is a prime faces components). When I spy on it, it shows me as a 'Webelement' not a standard 'Weblist'.  I told this one to my manager that instead of prime faces components ,we should use default Select menu . He told me we have to use prime faces components and try to find the other solution for it. 
So please guide me how to deal with this situation. Please find the attached image .   This same case is also with Radio buttons.

Loaded Addins are:

ActiveX
Java
Visual Basic
Web

QTP version: 11

Browser: IE 9

Waiting for your solution as soon as possible...
Thanks & Regards

Please use plain text.
ChangeLu_HP
Message 2 of 4 (714 Views)

Re: QTP 11 is unable to recognize/identify prime faces components ,weblist and radio buttons

Hello paradeepsingh999,

I think the UFT/QTP can't identify the weblist, because of the node name is DIV/Label.

I think you can try this 2 solution.

1, Define  a function to operator this component. Like SelectList. 

a, Add the Label to your repository.

b, Using Dom to get the Div that the webelement next to this Label, and Click it.

C, i think there will popup a drop down list after you click the Div, try to get it by DOM and select what you want.

d, Finally,  the code maybe like this SelectList(YourLable, SelectItem)

(F),Options.  You can use the RegisterUserFunc to register this function to Label and your team can use it directly.

2, Use the HP Extensibility Accelerator to create a Element for your project. Web Extensibility.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pradeepsingh999
Message 3 of 4 (697 Views)

Re: QTP 11 is unable to recognize/identify prime faces components ,weblist and radio buttons

Hi ChangeLu_HP,

Thanks for the solution.

I applied first one and it is working fine.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
abhip3
Message 4 of 4 (338 Views)

Hi, Could you explain the option 1 little bit clearly, as i am new to QTP & also i have the same problem , so i would like to use the option 1. 

Thanks & Regards

Abhilash Prashanth

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation